j.m.

Sorry I'm a bit Dim
Reaction score
Website
www.thomsonsecurity.com
My Location
NW UK (Lancashire)
rolfw said:
But of course, it isn't me or people like me that they are hoping to appeal to. :)
The sPoOkY thing here is "I may be like you" :p

Question: Is this a good thing? ;)

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
No probably not J.M. :D

war head

Reaction score
englishman64UK Style, E4, Discovery, UK Gold, Turner Classic Movies, UK Food, Cartoon Network, Discovery Home and Leisure, Boomerang, Bloomberg.
£7.99 for that lot, They must think we are all on 'the wrong bus'

Yes what a pisspoor selection. Its like BSB all over again. Crap channels and not enough of 'em.

To be fair, UK Style and Discovery Home & Leisure are the 2 i miss most having cancelled my Sky Family Package.

Couldn't see myself paying nearly £100 a year for that selection though.

What's going to happen if you bought a Freeview box or built in TV that can't upgrade to this exciting new package. Will the government step in and hand out new boxes, or will it be a national crisis on the scale of the fuel strike.

j.m.

Sorry I'm a bit Dim
Reaction score
Website
www.thomsonsecurity.com
My Location
NW UK (Lancashire)
I think £100 a year for "Steve & Norm" On the Disco Home & mature content channel is worth the money in itself, Ohhh Not mentioning "Bob Vila" etc etc......:cool:

No soul some ppl no soul.......:p

Trouble wiv wiewing packages is they are allways a pain in the ass, A-la carte is another option ....... Dunno why they don't do it tho........ Plagh what do I care.
Norm's makin a "Genuine MDF Condom Stretcher" tonight.....
Wiv brass handles too O-no

war head

Reaction score
Yes, it was always heart warming to see yet another repeated episode of Hugh fiddling around with animals and vegetables at River Cottage.

Will there be other alternative subscription packages offered to top up the somewhat lack lustre range of channels already available on Freeview?

Or will this £7.99 a month effort be a monopoly on Digital Terrestrial Pay-TV

j.m.

Sorry I'm a bit Dim
Reaction score
Website
www.thomsonsecurity.com
My Location
NW UK (Lancashire)
Moanin Minnie......... It's been well & trully cocked-up in the past ..... Now theyre fixin' it, which will at least start to break the current monopoly...... & yer still havin' a whinge.....

Chill Pill Time

Chill Pill

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I think that in the short to medium term this may disappear, with the truly freeview expanding. They can't compete with Sky or cable, they don't have the bandwidth, it will only ever be a paupers version and if ITV/ONDigital didn't work, why should this?

j.m.

Sorry I'm a bit Dim
Reaction score
Website
www.thomsonsecurity.com
My Location
NW UK (Lancashire)
Sky Digital & Analogue (Both Terrestial) seems to co-exsist in other countries
http://www.skytv.co.nz/

Mind you I did use to like playing "Banzai" when I was a Sky subscriber....... Trying to be again, but my "Viewing Card" keeps going missing in the post......

I have given up phonin them now...... :-0

Just wrote to the "Herberts" in London demanding my subscription back ........ :-(

war head

Reaction score
j.m. said:
Moanin Minnie......... It's been well & trully cocked-up in the past ..... Now theyre fixin' it, which will at least start to break the current monopoly...... & yer still havin' a whinge.....

Chill Pill Time

Chill Pill
:) Chillin on my pill :)
:) Chillin on my pill :)

i love Freeview really

madharry

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Well Top-Up TV and they now say that TVX is coming soon for an additional monthly fee,
how many more additional monthly fee will there be to add ?

les74

Reaction score
And they will all be full of comercial breaks they get money both ways!

j.m.

Sorry I'm a bit Dim
Reaction score
Website
www.thomsonsecurity.com
My Location
NW UK (Lancashire)
madharry said:
Well Top-Up TV and they now say that TVX is coming soon for an additional monthly fee,
how many more additional monthly fee will there be to add ?
TVX huh....... Makes it Toss Up TV then ;)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
The whole thing is made more interesting when you subscribe and start asking questions like, "what will happen if my old ondigital box breaks down?"

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
As far as I'm concerned, if I'm going to subscribe to a service then the channel content has to be a) something I really want to see and/or :cool: unavailable free through this hobby. I just cannot imagine wanting to watch any of the proposed channels on Top Up even if they were free. Ok ...I lied....maybe Sky 1 if they ever got that on there.

j.m.

Sorry I'm a bit Dim
Reaction score
Website
www.thomsonsecurity.com
My Location
NW UK (Lancashire)
I know a guy who bought a freeview card from Ch4, then was sent a letter by S** telling him as an old customer he could re-subscribe (w/o Contract) & @ 1/2 price ...... Wiv a Viewing card thrown in for "Gratis" ........ La la la £60 off e-bay for the (Not so old) Card
"What a cheeky chappie" ;-)

mrwhippy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
SO APART FROM EVERYONE COMPLAINING ABOUT WHAT WE ARE GONNA GET AND NOT WHAT WE ARE GONNA GET HAS ANYONE ACTUALLY SUSSED OUTIF WE CAN USE OUR OLD GOLD CARDS.COZ IF WE CAN NOT A BAD PACKAGE FOR NOWT. O-Ha

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Well good to see that there are still optimists about. :)

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I'd imagine you will be able to use the old gold card..........as a beer mat. :)