topfeild 4000 pvr plus help .

gnomegreen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
havnt got anything set up as yet thats why im here really
My Location
welsh
Hello. i just recived my toppy connected it up and i gt a signal,and can veiw programs, however i cant record or use the pause rewind function, ive looked in the manual but can find no answers, can anyone help , thanking u kindley, wilson.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
gnomegreen said:
Hello. i just recived my toppy connected it up and i gt a signal,and can veiw programs, however i cant record or use the pause rewind function, ive looked in the manual but can find no answers, can anyone help , thanking u kindley, wilson.

Do we assume that you have fitted a twin output lnb and a second sat cable from the 2nd lnb output to stb?

gnomegreen

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
havnt got anything set up as yet thats why im here really
My Location
welsh
Topper said:
Do we assume that you have fitted a twin output lnb and a second sat cable from the 2nd lnb output to stb?

yes. ive got a twin lnb set up, from an old sky plus set up, i thought this machine was pvr ready to go, but nothing, i cant figure it out , when i put the machine on in in the menu section, it says record option but this is in grey, and that means you cant get into it for some reason anyideas ?

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
If using the existing sky+ cabling have you tried

1. Swapping the two leads over, any change?

2. Checked to see that a child has not removed an F-connector and just pushed it back on shorting out one feed

2. Is there enough central core protruding to make sufficient contact?

3. In the menu there could be an option for single feed operation that is selected.

4. Your lnb actually has two feeds leaving the lnb as some people think you can just use a splitter and you cannot