Topfield PVR 4000 with Irdeto CAM - some problems

GroupWar

Reaction score
Hello All,

I bought a PVR 4000 last month, its such a good receiver, but it has a problem decrypting my ShowTime card with the Irdeto CAM .. sometimes its working, sometimes not. And if it stops working, then I have to switch it off/on again and go to TV Land channel to re-activate the card (just like if its a new card!) .. I tried the latest firmware from topfield's site with no success .. mine using the loader ver 3.06 .. any suggestion???? :(

X-RATED

Reaction score
This is NOT a Receiver's problem...
there is a problem with irdeto modules (stronger on euroirdeto v1,06) who stops to read officials and unofficials cards sometimes!!
Better than switch off/on the receiver is to eject and reinside the cam into the receiver when the reseiver is on....
if you prefer to switch it off wait 1+min before switch it on again!

GroupWar

Reaction score
Thanks X-RATED for the reply.

but I think it is a receivers problem, and the reason is, everything is working beautifuly in a 3 different receivers (Nokia 9860, Humax 5400, Samsung DSR9500) .. and only this receivers who is causing me all the troubles.

and if the CAM has problems reading the card, can i get over it by using another (kind) or (version) of an iredto CAM? .. switching on/off and pulling/inserting the CAM is not a good solution for me! .. any help will be highly appreciated! , as I will try to sell it if its useless in this aspect :(

GroupWar

Reaction score
After updating the firmware, and trying several other CAMs, still facing the same problem!!! :( :( :(

help please!!! :( :( :( :( :(
I payed A LOT for this IRD!