Toroidal 90Cm- 19E to 30W possible?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
OK, hold on a minute. :)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Try again now. :)

lazydave

Reaction score
My Location
Aalborg, Denmark
barrykap said:
(...) To my amazement the new T90 fails to bring in hardly anything from the prime satellite, Hotbird. On a digital receiver the signal strength figure (using a Humax 5100 ST:cool: says 58% signal strength and ZERO signal quality. I also connected an analogue receiver to the same LNB and this brought in a limited analogue signal with spaklies abound. I was very surprised as my other (lower positioned) dish, which was a 80CM one brings in 58% signal strength and 86% signal quality. The other dish I have removed now was a motorised one and this brought in 100% signal quality. I would have thought the T90, being in the same place as the motorised dish, would equal this. I have adjusted the dish many times and this is definitely the optimum signal I can get with it.
0% signal quality is usually a good sign that your not pointing at the correct satellite. (Doh! ;) ) Also, as silly as it sounds, check that you haven't tilted the dish in the opposite direction :eek: to what was needed. You should be able to get the magnitude from the setup charts for your location. As a last recourse, check the LNB skew (but I seriously doubt that it's that.)

barrykap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM6800, Technomate TM6800 Super, Technomate 5200, Humax Foxsat HDR, Humax CI-8100, Lemon FTA, Force Frontier T90, Channelmaster 1.2 + Jaeger 1224, Misc other bits and bobs.
My Location
North Staffordshire
Rolfw

If I click on 'insert an image' it opena small window asking for a Javascript or something :-)! Haven't a clue tell you the truth.

Also, answering to LazyDave. Thanks for advice. Yes I thought that myself re 'pointing at wrong sat'. But I also plugged in an analogue receiver and got a picture from Hotbird channel on that. Mind you...... I am not totally certain it is hotbird I got teh anny picture from. I will do a recheck again tomorrow just in case I DO have it on wrong Sat, never know! Must check every possibility so thanks for the tip.

Barrykap

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Use the manage attachments fuction at the bottom of the post window in additional options. You can add several photo images.

barrykap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TM6800, Technomate TM6800 Super, Technomate 5200, Humax Foxsat HDR, Humax CI-8100, Lemon FTA, Force Frontier T90, Channelmaster 1.2 + Jaeger 1224, Misc other bits and bobs.
My Location
North Staffordshire
Think I've managed it now Rolfw

Uploaded two pics. Hope you can view them!

barrykap

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Was looking at the WaveFrontier site, but their dish is slightly different, although it does appear that yours is tilting down too far. How much adjustment is there in the elevation of the LNB, I presume that there is a sweet spot in the centre of the reflector.

barrykap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Staffordshire
Rolfw

I thought mine was identical to the Wavefrontier to be honest as everything in the PDF's supplied by multilnbdish (Wavefrontier) site match mine exactly. And I also thought it strange that it points down so much, but this was set to the instructions supplied with the dish which I followed exactly. The elevation to Hotbird for my position should be about 28 degrees which I have it set to that now. There is no adjustment of elevation for individual LNB's. They are fixed down square on the support bar and presumably are aiming at this sweet spot on the sub-reflector to get the exact angle to the main reflector.

Barry

Snowy

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Aberdeenshire
Good people of the Forum.

I was having trouble setting up my toroidal, but I eventually got sorted. As well as these threads I consulted the support site for wavefrontier, install@multilnbdish.com, and they sent me my own specific settings for the dish for 57North 2.8 West. If I can give on piece of advice it would be SKEW! That's where I was going wrong. Mine is now set at 102 deg for info. I can easily get 28E, 19E, 13E and 5E, (plus some West but I don't bother). I have set 5E as the main sat, (cos the signal is crap most of the time), and all other LNBs are to the right of this as you look skywards. Keep trying, it does work. :)

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Don't think that the dishes are hugely dissimilar Barry, but the reflector on the WaveFrontier seems to be more curved.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Actually it doesn't when you see them together. :)

K

kalamar

I have a Triax MaxiBlock lnb holder on my 110cm dish and it tracks half of the arc with four lnbs one mounted upside down on the bottom end.

HutchTheCrutch

Reaction score
I've been having loads of problems setting up my dish, however having read the post from Snowy, I contacted install@multilnbdish.com giving them my longitude & latitude, (I live in the south east), they sent me the following table back and hey presto it works like magic! I think the main problem is lack of a decent manual as the eventual setup is obvious. I hope this helps anyone trying to set this up.

Goodbye motorised dish!

Model T90

Country United Kingdom
Latitude 51.29N Longitude 0.35W
Values
Elevation  30.2
Skew 101.9
Azimuth 167.5

Satellites LNBF Positions
28.2E (Astra 2) L15.7
19.2E (Astra 1:cool: L6.5
16.0E (Eutelsat 2) L3.1
13.0E (HotBird) R0.1
10.0E (Eutelsat W1) R3.3
7.0E (Eutelsat W3) R6.6
5.0E (Sirius 2,3) R8.8
0.8W (Thor 2,3) R15.1

barrykap

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
North Staffordshire
Hi All,

Just an update on my own problem. I got it all set up eventually. But strangely, the figures I got from the above site were way out. I ended up just blindly swinging the dish to get Astra2 on the end LNB then manually adjusting the LNB spacings and skew angles etc. In the end I got everything spot on. Good idea about mounting an LNB upside down as I wondered about trying that for an 'end Sat' that is below the skew angle.
Incidentally I think the actual LNB holders are crap. Once you tighten one up and if you have to adjust the swing angle later the screw will tend to enter it's original 'thread' and so the LNB will swing back again. I have removed all the screws from mine and instead used a loctite plastic adhesive, which sets pretty fast and hard and if you do need to adjust it later it is easy to scrape off clean.

Cheers

Barrykap.

FAGUS

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Just Bought Toroidal Dish
My Location
Shrewsbury
Hi
I have just bought a 55cm Toroidal dish. I live in Shrewsbury in the UK don't know anything about satellites
Can anybody tell me if I have mounted the 5 LNBs correctly (Not on the roof yet)
Standing in front of dish the LNB arm is marked "L" is on the left and "R" is on the right. I have mounted the LNB's**on the bar as follows:-
Left* e)*-5.0W @ +17.2.d) 9.0E @ +2.6.c) 13.0E @ -1.5. *b) 19.2E @ -7.9.*a) 28.2E @ -16.9. **Right
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The reason I ask the question is because* the manual* has confused me*and I *am getting the impression that maybe the positions should all be reversed* starting with Astra 2/ 28.2E on the left!!
Thanks

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Can you take a picture and upload it?

FAGUS

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Shrewsbury
Hi Hoped this worked

Attachments

• Dish Fully Assembled.jpg
    Dish Fully Assembled.jpg
    491.2 KB · Views: 181

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Nearest will be the Western most LNBs (on the Eastern side of the bracket), furthest away the Eastern most satellites (on the westernmost side of the bracket).

You may ned to play with the skew a little.

FAGUS

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Shrewsbury
The LNB I have closest to the camera is Astra 2 @ 28.2E and the LNB Furthest from the camera is Atlantic Bird @ 5.0W.

So from what you are saying I must reverse all 5 LNB's accordingly?

tomthebomb1968

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
VU+ Duo 250gig/ DreamElite BH 1.3.2 Multiboot

Dreambox 500s-(clone) / DM-600

Relook 400s 160 Gig-/SifTeam 1.93 e enigma

Foretec 90cm Dish with Nikkai Diseqc Motor- 2 sky+ receivers fixed 28.2 east.
My Location
Newtownabbey, near Belfast, Northern Ireland
Thats an impressive looking piece of kit.