Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM-7000
Firecrypt 4.1 CAM
Infinity USB Phoenix
My Location
Scandinavia
Hello all,

I took my first step into the world of CAMs etc. today, and now I have to admit I'm totally lost and clueless. I have a Dreambox 7000 and now bought the following because the supplier recommended them:

Infinity USB Phoenix
Firecrypt CAM 4.1 Twin
Firecryptloadercard (Dragonloadercard?) (PIC 16F84A, 2x24C1024)

but I have absolutely no idea what I'm supposed to do with this lot. I've never felt this out of my depth about anything technical, and would really appreciate if someone could give me a helping hand.

I noticed Michka has been giving very helpful advice to newbies such as myself. Michka, could you perhaps drop me a PM or an e-mail?`

thanks,
:: colin

colinhunt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM-7000
Firecrypt 4.1 CAM
Infinity USB Phoenix
My Location
Scandinavia
Hello again,

I read the "Dragon Cam" thread, which seems to apply quite well to my situation. I managed to get a bit ahead, but now I fear that my earlier clueless fumbling in the dark has resulted in erasure of the contents of the Loader card. Infinity USB Phoenix's software says of my card's PIC that it's

<Built-in loader: Dragonloader>

and I fear that I've managed to damage that. How do I fix the loader, if indeed it is damaged?

ta,

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
:-Welcome1 to the forum colinhunt

I'm afraid I am definitely not yer man when it comes to the Dragon Cam. Some members are not able to visit the board as often as they would possibly like but I am sure if you have patience someone will be able to guide you. Of course it is Friday night as well and some traditions never die so like many others I'm off out for a jar of nectar! Hope someone can help you soon

colinhunt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM-7000
Firecrypt 4.1 CAM
Infinity USB Phoenix
My Location
Scandinavia
Thanks for the warm welcome, toppervte33h!

As it happens, that "Dragon Cam" thread answered pretty much all my questions. It turns out I have the exact same Loadercard as the person who was asking for advice in that thread, so I simply followed the instructions Michka gave there.

As for the damaged Loader, it appears I got lucky. As I'm typing this, the blue box on my TV screen reads "Dragon Loader Loading, 15% complete". So at least it's doing something :)

While fumbling around in the dark, I visited several forums but this is the first one that was helpful. Thank you all!

cheers,

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,&amp; Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
colinhunt said:
Thanks for the warm welcome, toppervte33h!

As it happens, that "Dragon Cam" thread answered pretty much all my questions. It turns out I have the exact same Loadercard as the person who was asking for advice in that thread, so I simply followed the instructions Michka gave there.

As for the damaged Loader, it appears I got lucky. As I'm typing this, the blue box on my TV screen reads "Dragon Loader Loading, 15% complete". So at least it's doing something :)

While fumbling around in the dark, I visited several forums but this is the first one that was helpful. Thank you all!

cheers,

Hello Colin
You dont need any cams for your dreambox. It will do whatever the dragon does. What cam in the dreambox are you using and what image.

colinhunt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM-7000
Firecrypt 4.1 CAM
Infinity USB Phoenix
My Location
Scandinavia
Hi John,

I've got a multiboot system with the following images installed:
FlashImage 2.6.9
The Hydra Phoenix 1.09
Gemini 210
Gemini 220

At one stage I somehow managed to get some softcams working with Phoenix 1.09, but somebody convinced me that DragonCam is better and a more flexible choice. Don't know about flexibility, because if I understand correctly, uploading new k*** into DragonCam is one heck of a bothersome operation. Patching firmwares etc. Doesn't sound like flexible to me. Nevertheless, the reason I took the plunge was that the softcam approach left a lot to be desired - or that's what I thought anyway. Now that I've got the DragonCam up and running, I'm still left with plenty of black screens where there should be something happening, if you get my drift ;)

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi colinhunt,
john_graydon is correct, you should be able to open everything with a Dreambox that you can with the Dragon, providing you load the correct image. At present you should be able to get TPS & SRG on Hotbird 13E, D+, Cabo and Mediapark on 30W.
Uploading new keys in the Dragon is easy, you just go through the menu to debug, navigate to the ident and enter the keys via your remote.
The only thing you might get with your dragon is the extra mature content channels, if it arrived with the SIM card.
Your problem at the moment could be a conflict between the Dragon and the Dreambox image, where both are attempting to unscramble the channels.
I personally don't have a Dreambox, although it might be a future purchase, but I'm sure others will help you locate and load the correct image to get everything working.
Best wishes
Mickha

colinhunt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM-7000
Firecrypt 4.1 CAM
Infinity USB Phoenix
My Location
Scandinavia
Hi Mickha,

and thanks for chiming in.

I semi-accidentally bumped into the editing screen a bit earlier and noticed one can enter codes manually. Perhaps it's just me, but I think it's not very user-friendly. It's certainly easier than patching firmwares and re-programming everything, but when I think of having to manually type in the codes for various channels I don't receive now... ugh. It sounds like all your time is spent entering codes manually, and when you're done with the last ones, you'll have to start with the first ones all over again. Or perhaps I'm being fatalistic about the whole thing, as DragonCam wasn't the Holy Grail I was sorta promised :)

As things stand, it would be nice to get some pointers on Dreambox images and softcams.

cheers,

Mickha

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.2M Channel Master, 1224 motor, VU+ Duo 2
My Location
North West
Hi colinhunt,
it's very rare that you have to enter keys as Polsat is auto updating and TPS hasn't changed for some time, usually the most you have to do is for SRG and Cartoon Network on Hotbird and even then it's once a month, Usually all you do is update the Predator firmware and that's rare.
Best wishes
Mickha

colinhunt

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM-7000
Firecrypt 4.1 CAM
Infinity USB Phoenix
My Location
Scandinavia
Hmm. At the moment the DragonCam (Predator 3.21) opens only a couple of channels (marked "V") and the rest remain black. I receive Thor2,3 (0.8W), Hotbird (13E), Astra (19.2E) and Astra2ABD (28.2E). Plenty of interesting channels, but it's very rarely the DC is able to anything about them.