My Satellite Setup
TRIAX 1.5M DISH
DREAMBOX 5620S
tripple LNB- 19,28.2, 13e
now actively CS
My Location
Harrow, Middlesex, Greater London
Dear all,

i live in greater london, namely the middlesex area and about 3 weeks ago i purchased a 1.5m triax dish and dreambox 5620-S and 3 dual LMBs. Having connected all 3 together i should be able to pick up signals from both Astra frequencies and the hotbird frequency.

there is no type of card of any sort in any of the slots in the dreambox.

however although i can pick up channels from across europe i do not understand why i cannot pick up sky or any regular British terrestrial channels.

if anybody can please advise me as to what i can do to rectify this problem i will be grateful.

Thanks
kirit

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
kirit said:
however although i can pick up channels from across europe i do not understand why i cannot pick up sky or any regular British terrestrial channels.

becuse your sky channels live on Astra2 which is at a different location than astra 1.

on your box you'll get all the BBC channels.

Your lnbs are pointed at present (most probably) at 13 Deg East (Hotbird) and 19.2 Deg East (Astra1) , the ones you see all the minidishes pointed at is located at 28.2 Deg East (Astra2). You'll need to move one of your lnbs round, or better still add a third...

there are many more satellites out there, consult:
_http://www.kingofsat.net
_http://www.lyngsat.com

-cts

kirit

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TRIAX 1.5M DISH
DREAMBOX 5620S
now actively CS
My Location
yep i have 3 dual lmb up there 2 are at both astra frequency- 19 and 28 the other is at hotbird frequency 13. i can pick up BBC 1-4 but no other British channels eg ITV, C4, five sky 1 UK gold etc.

how do i rectify this please

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can only view ITV, Channel 4 and 5 with the aid of a Sky Freeview card, or expired subscription card, the Sky package channels all require a valid subscription.

It is at the moment (with a little messing around) possible to use a Sky subscription or FTV card in your Dreambox, but for how long, who knows?

PS. Why are you using three twin LNBs (Low Noise Block-converters), are you looking to connect another receiver?

kirit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TRIAX 1.5M DISH
DREAMBOX 5620S
now actively CS
My Location
i thought if i connect 3 twin LMB i will get freeview and sky channels without any problems.

can i not input keys into the dreambox to descramble these channels

what do u mean by fiddling around- what do i have or what can i do to make it work in the dreambox

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You can't add keys as it isn't hacked. There is a softcam called Newcamd which allows you to use your Sky or FTV card in your Dreambox, there are a couple of threads about it in the Dreambox section.

PS. It wasn't the use of three LNBs I was questioning, but the fact that you have used twing LNBs.

kirit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TRIAX 1.5M DISH
DREAMBOX 5620S
now actively CS
My Location
rolfw said:
You can't add keys as it isn't hacked. There is a softcam called Newcamd which allows you to use your Sky or FTV card in your Dreambox, there are a couple of threads about it in the Dreambox section.

PS. It wasn't the use of three LNBs I was questioning, but the fact that you have used twing LNBs.

there wasnt actually any reason for using twin LMBs

i dont know what a soft cam is
or a cam at all for that matter
are there threads which will explain what both of these are?

where can i get FTV or sky cards without the subscription to sky- is this even possible to do?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
It is possible to get both free to air and free to view channels on the Dreambox, as well as full (paid for) $ky subscriptions and subscriptions from other providers on other satellites. There is a thread in the Dreambox section which details how to achieve this. You will need to do a lot of reading and research if you want to get this to work. It's not really for mainstream use, rather a hobbyist R&D project.

STICK