Total novice

tahitato

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
technomate tm 5400 and 80cm dish motorized
My Location
Flookburgh, Cumbria
Hi i got my setup yesterday and set up as explained in the manuals and on this site. (thanks all)i am pointing my dish at hotbird 13e and have got great signal and recived allchannels but when i look at my motor it is set at 0 degrees and if i move it to get another sat it looses hotbird.

please help.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you follow this guide, you won't get this problem. You need to set up the USALS in your receiver to your coordinates, then if you are dead set on aligning your dish on Hotbird (which is not best practice) send your dish to 13 East, then align. I would however recommend that you send your dish to either 5W or 1W and align on either of them as they are at the top of the arc.

You can't cherry pick out of the set up instructions, you need to follow them to the letter.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yes, when the motor is at 0 the dish should be pointing directly at your due south, even if there is no satellite there. Hence the need to send the dish to the satellite closest to your due south before doing the alignment. Once this has been done, 0 degrees on motor= true south.

:)