TP* & muti*****n

zurli

Reaction score
no more fun, they were ok until yesterday... 'O'-red ???

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
Stigmat1976 said:
Yes gone to Via2-tpscrypt2
Back OK with Mary . . . . as I write.
Don't panic.
I wouldn't like to go up in a balloon with you guys! I prefer calm when the klaxons are going off.
I dont see any dreambox in yr kit Stigmat. Yet you are telling a dreambox thread that things in Gaul are down.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
haggard said:
I wouldn't like to go up in a balloon with you guys! I prefer calm when the klaxons are going off.
:D :D :D My favourite time of day.... I love it when everyone starts running around like decapitated poultry and talking gibberish. It's like the world stops for a second, and you can see everything clearly, and otherwise feel like a superior barsteward. Don't ask me why. I'm completely crackers.

Rod Hulls Aerial

The Lord Lucan Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky Star 2 - Motorised
Errr.. thats it.
My Location
The cold and foggy Yorkshire coast..

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
BGonaSTICK said:
:D :D :D My favourite time of day.... I love it when everyone starts running around like decapitated poultry and talking gibberish. It's like the world stops for a second, and you can see everything clearly, and otherwise feel like a superior barsteward. Don't ask me why. I'm completely crackers.

I once clapped my hands in my farmer uncles hen-house. Feathers and legs everywhere and the cluckers didnt lay for a week. I got sent home.

lol74

Reaction score
Hi all,

T*s is ok for me also with new mary. But I have troubles to get mvs. I have only 15% ok at the top, below it's totally black and sound is not ok.

Could it be that my signal is too low. I have a SNR of 60% compared to 80% for t*s extrem.

Thanks for any feedback

)(-red

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
lol74 said:
Hi all,

T*s is ok for me also with new mary. But I have troubles to get mvs. I have only 15% ok at the top, below it's totally black and sound is not ok.

Could it be that my signal is too low. I have a SNR of 60% compared to 80% for t*s extrem.

Thanks for any feedback

)(-red

LoL, you're talking in a yellow accent and Im colourblind. I can hardly read it. 15% of what? If you get TPSs, you ought to get the MVs. Some frequencies changed about a week ago so you might need to do a new scan.

T_G

The Consumate Dreamer
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1 GigaBlue Quad plus, 1 Dreambox 5620, MOTECK SG2100A DISEqC Motor, 120 cm noname offset dish, Humax 95 cm offset dish and a few UK digiboxes.
My Location
Somewhere where the Sauer is Kraut and the Wurst is Brat
I wasn't alarmed at all when TPS went down because ahem....
eh...
uh?...
Conax is still working!!!

lol74

Reaction score
haggard said:
LoL, you're talking in a yellow accent and Im colourblind. I can hardly read it. 15% of what? If you get TPSs, you ought to get the MVs. Some frequencies changed about a week ago so you might need to do a new scan.

Thanks for your answer. I stop writing in yellow :p

I have made a rescan and consequently I have retrieved M8. I still don't have Mv1 -Mv2 ok

Mv8 is fine but I have a snr of 73% compared to 61% for the others.
For Mv1-Mv7 at best the image is blinking with very very bad sound.

For T*s Cine* I have 83% of SNR

Could you tell me what are your snr for these channels ?

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
lol74 said:
Thanks for your answer. I stop writing in yellow :p

I have made a rescan and consequently I have retrieved M8. I still don't have Mv1 -Mv2 ok

Mv8 is fine but I have a snr of 73% compared to 61% for the others.
For Mv1-Mv7 at best the image is blinking with very very bad sound.

For T*s Cine* I have 83% of SNR

Could you tell me what are your snr for these channels ?

Hi Lol I work during daytime so it will be much later tonight before I can check SNR.
But I will post it.

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
signal to noise ratio of 60 % is more than enough for good reception

lol, where abouts in the world are you? Hotbird has a very strong signal over most of Europe.

lol74

Reaction score
wallycharlo said:
signal to noise ratio of 60 % is more than enough for good reception

lol, where abouts in the world are you? Hotbird has a very strong signal over most of Europe.

Thanks both for your answers :)

I am in switzerland. The strange thing is the Snr depend on channels. I think they are not all on the same SAT. i have read that Hotbird uses different beams (large , europe , ...) . The stranger point is that mv8 is different from others Mvs.

Any explanation or ideas are welcomed :cool:

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
lol74]Thanks both for your answers :)

I am in switzerland. The strange thing is the Snr depend on channels. I think they are not all on the same SAT. i have read that Hotbird uses different beams (large , europe , ...) . The stranger point is that mv8 is different from others Mvs.

Any explanation or ideas are welcomed :cool:

Hi lol. MV8 is of course on the same satellite, on a different transponder to MV1-7. It may be simply that the transponder has a slightly weaker signal, hence the difference in C/N ratio.

Llew

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
Llew said:
Hi lol. MV8 is of course on the same satellite, on a different transponder to MV1-7. It may be simply that the transponder has a slightly weaker signal, hence the difference in C/N ratio.

Llew

One thing I have often wondered about and that is how skew is handled on motorised systems and whether for example, even on a static system, it might not be correct -- possibly a cause of probs here for lol. Good digital reception depends on good skew setting and maybe the compromise is not set well sometimes. . . . .

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
gruezi lol,

you should get a perfect signal on all relavant transponders in switzerland.

im your neighbour here in Austria and i never have problems.

have a flick around to some of the FTA channels, and see do you also suffer a loss of reception.

but for sure 60% is more than enough.... SNR is signal to noise ratio. ie, the lower the number the more noise which is on the signal. there comes a point when there is so much noise that the real signal can no longer be extracted from it. Down to about 25% the receivers electronics will be able to extract the real signal from any noise.

haggard, regarding skew : your motor will handle this : ie it has 3 degrees of freedom, not only left/rigth and up/down, but also rotates in the plane of the dish. if you can look at your dish as it turns you will see this. i got a shock when i first went to 30W, as the whole dish looked to be sideways!!!

for info, the skew for hotbird, in switzewrland is -4 deg ( ie twist the LNB 4 deg to the left as u are standing behind dish)

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
haggard said:
One thing I have often wondered about and that is how skew is handled on motorised systems and whether for example, even on a static system, it might not be correct -- possibly a cause of probs here for lol. Good digital reception depends on good skew setting and maybe the compromise is not set well sometimes. . . . .

Skew is normally taken into account on a motorised system, although at extreme ends of the arc i have found some improvement can be obtained by a few degrees of adjustment (anticlockwise on western, clockwise on eastern sats.)

Llew

moez_one

Reaction score
I have a Samsung DSR9500 VIA-CI 5 months ago it planted, I take it at a receiver repairer he told me that it is because of the flash he repair it and return on stream but the STB don't accept the firmware, when I go to download it a frimware it planted
The problem is my receiver working nice but don't accept the soft, that is himself by Satellite or by Computer how that ?

it accepts the soft this stage ended up success when it happens to dawns it of memoiriser the information op! it plants itself and it doesn't want to start and to find me to you always goes and comes on this repairer it is capable to return on stream he but he is not able to repair it to accept the software anymore he has advise me to repeat it the operation of JKeys but or to look him for it a new flash of Viaccess but me I don't see that efficient please help me of it there enough.

J'ai un Samsung DSR 9500 Via CI il y a presque 5 mois il plantais, je le prendre chez un reparateur recepteur il m'a dit que c'est a cause du flash il reparer et le rendre en marche ici ok
mais le probleme mon recepteur Sam9500 il sera n'accepte plus les logiciels que ce soit par satellite ou par ordinateur comment ça ?
il accepte le soft cette etape fini par succe quand il arrive au point de memoiriser les données op! il se plante et il ne veut pas demarrer et vous me trouver toujours va et vient sur ce reparateur il est capable de le rendre en marche mais il ne peut plus de le reparer pour accepter le software il m'a conseiller de le repeter l'operation de Jtag mais ou de lui le chercher un nouveau flash de Viaccess mais moi je vois pas ca effecace s'il vous plais aidez moi j'en y marre.

qaund je le mettre un soft
mon recepteur il n'accepte plus les soft pendant l'etape de memoirisation et se planter quand le 9500 se paraitre sur l'afficheur il reste comme ça et ne demarre plus mais actuellement il marche mais si j'essayer de le telechege un soft je sais qu'il va etre handicapé est ce que c'est a cause du flash ou est ce que je peux le trouver ce nouveau

Remarque:
mon deco est patché Multicas 118 apres l'operation du Jkeys133
et j'utilise la carte BBaio sur SilverCard

Version du Chargeur 501
Version du logiciel 118
Version du matriel 504

s'il vous plait c'est quoi le prob je veux telecharger le nouveau soft

DSR9500_Eurocam_5-1_EMU_v48tps

write me here:

moez_up*yahoo.com