Tps/multi

richardp

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
pj::
Just got a Dreambox for xmas, is there anyway to view TPS and Multi at the moment, dreading telling the wife she's just bought a £300 dust collector.
Richard.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
richardp said:
Just got a Dreambox for xmas, is there anyway to view TPS and Multi at the moment, dreading telling the wife she's just bought a £300 dust collector.
Richard.
Richard, of course there is.
It would be easy to give you (say) 10 lines of easy steps but all the info is there in the stickies and idiots' guide. If you read the guide and don't know what to do, there's not a lot of hope. But you will learn orders of magnitude more if you work from the guide and then come back with questions when you meet an obstacle. You'll get help, willing help.
But we might talk a foreign language if you havent read the primer.
You should be looking for much more beyond that bouquet!
I note the phrase ". . .she's just bought. . ." lucky man. Now pay her back with an hours reading.

richardp

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Hi, Thanks for replying.
Just installed the latest Hydra image, downloaded Marys keys all went in ok, can I take it that as I can't view TPS it's all off at the moment or is there a softcam or anything that will decrypt these channels.
Richard.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
richardp said:
Hi, Thanks for replying.
Just installed the latest Hydra image, downloaded Marys keys all went in ok, can I take it that as I can't view TPS it's all off at the moment or is there a softcam or anything that will decrypt these channels.
Richard.
Richard
you're almost there
I guess you mean Hydra_Zeus by latest image.
You probably didnt d/load the latest soft cams so they may well predate a recent T*S/MV mod.
Use blue button to download first the latest control panel if you havnt already (blue button, as for Mary).
Then exit the menu and go back in again on blue and I suggest you d/load the 'final' Radegast and also Newcamd 5.25. Dont get more softcams yet.
Check the date of Mary's keys you have by going into dowload key menu. It should be 25.12. or even later.
Now re-boot - top right button hold down and select restart.
Go to a MV channel, press green button to see which cam is selected as default and then toggle sideways to select Newcamd. Press OK and the MV channel should clear.
Good hunting.

richardp

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
I've actually got the Angharad image, can I do the same with this image or would you suggest loading Zues?
Richard.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
richardp said:
I've actually got the Angharad image, can I do the same with this image or would you suggest loading Zues?
Richard.
Lucien was the latest when I started out 2 months ago.
It was essentially the same as Zeus (fewer frills) so Angharad should work the same as I have outlined. The latest image (Zeus) has some nice features like total back up to hdd so you might want to go that way eventually. But with a few key strokes, you can get going on Angharad now and go to Zeus at leisure when the eyes are off your back.

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi Richard,

Welcome to the Dreamers!
Go for Zeus it's got newcamd5.25 built in.
Once booted press green button on remote and select the Hydra setup - Download latest control panel.
When download complete exit out of all menu's.
Then green button again and select Mary's bundle.
Exit out again and blue button this time, select newcamd5.25 and press green button to activate it.
Exit and try some channels.

73 & lood guck.

richardp

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Hello again.
Downloaded the latest Hydra control panel 1.9 ok, I go into the softcam downloads but it does not have the radegast final as an option only radegast 3.beta version, it does have the newcam 5.25 but Mary's keys are dated 9-12 do you think I should stick on the Zeus image and if so do I need to flash erase after install?
Richard.

td03-5

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
UK
Hi Richard,

If you've loaded any new image into Dreambox internal flash memory then you should do a flash erase on the first boot (then of course re-enter sat setup and rescan). If you've got a spare USB memory stick I'd advise setting up multiboot as soon as possible, it's got so many advantages.
No real need to worry about radegast so long as you have newcamd5.25.
I'm puzzled about the date on Mary's that you quote! If you are using Zeus, then after downloading the latest control panel (it always says 1.9, never changes when you download latest but items in the other options change when they've been updated. So you must always do a download latest control panel before checking for new keys) it should say at least 25/12! (yes, just checked, still 25/12 latest Mary's).
Is the DB internet connection setup and working OK?

Try another control panel and then Mary's download and let's know how it goes?

73, Greesons Seatings.

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
May be the Angharad image as the same happens here - control panel 1.9 but Mary's 9-12.

Update: Just did a manual download and FTPd to box - Yes that worked.

richardp

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Bingo!!!!!
I can tell the wife to put the rolling pin back in the draw, thanks for all your help chaps and happy dreaming.
Richard.

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
richardp said:
Bingo!!!!!
I can tell the wife to put the rolling pin back in the draw, thanks for all your help chaps and happy dreaming.
Richard.
That's good to hear.
It only gets better.