TPS 'no signal'

alfin

Reaction score
This may have got lost in a previous thread; apologies if you have already read this.

Until the beginning of Sept. I received TPS package without any problems. Then reception went on the 'edge' - the picture kept breaking up. In the last 2/3 weeks, I get 'no signal' indicated. Multivision reception is ok.
Location is NW England.
Can anyone confirm that it is still possible to receive TPS in NW England?
Thank you

stef2

Reaction score
i have a problem I get all the tps channels but no sound, WHY?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
stef2 said:
i have a problem I get all the tps channels but no sound, WHY?
Please don't thread-jack so blatently. Please start another thread.
Thanks.

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
alfin said:
This may have got lost in a previous thread; apologies if you have already read this.

Until the beginning of Sept. I received TPS package without any problems. Then reception went on the 'edge' - the picture kept breaking up. In the last 2/3 weeks, I get 'no signal' indicated. Multivision reception is ok.
Location is NW England.
Can anyone confirm that it is still possible to receive TPS in NW England?
Thank you

Should be a strong signal in the UK, what size dish have, hell tell us all, dish, receiver, cams and cards.

alfin

Reaction score
Razor said:
Should be a strong signal in the UK, what size dish have, hell tell us all, dish, receiver, cams and cards.

90cm dish motorised; technomate TM5500CI Super; Dragon Cam; no cards

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
90cm is more than enough, there was a key change a while back maybe you just need to input new keys into your dragon cam. At the moment I get TPS and MV with a fun card. Might be worth buying one. A Fun6 will cost about £8 to £12 and are very handy to have. With just a fun card and a simple Via 1 file you can get 7 or 8 providers.

alfin

Reaction score
Razor said:
90cm is more than enough, there was a key change a while back maybe you just need to input new keys into your dragon cam. At the moment I get TPS and MV with a fun card. Might be worth buying one. A Fun6 will cost about £8 to £12 and are very handy to have. With just a fun card and a simple Via 1 file you can get 7 or 8 providers.
Thanks for the reply. If it was simply a key problem I would still get a signal with an indication 'scrambled'. Now I know I should I should be able to receive TPS, I think I have a problem with my setup. Highlighted last night when in the very poor weather conditions channels were dropping out on several satellites and those I could receive the signal quality was low.
LNB or dish alignment?

alfin

Reaction score
Razor said:
Both ?......
Problem solved, now getting TPS.
Had the dish realigned.
The signal quality meter on the technomate for multivision is close to 100;
for TPS it is on 50.

Razor

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Ireland
Glad to hear it M8. Happy channel hopping.