TPS & others: working files

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Some of you will have noticed that a number of French providers appeared to have changed Viaccess keys recently inasmuch as some test/hobby cards stopped woking a few days ago. It affected TPS (incl. BBC-Prime), ABSat, Multivision, etc.

Well this wasn't a key change. They have actually implemented some new command (CA C8) which the "hex files" need to be able to correctly process.

New working files are being posted as text to a French board as of a few days ago. There are many variants for different cards, receivers. I can confirm they work.

Link to board:
http://www.mediasecafilesexchange.fr.fm/
Link to forum: http://www.multimania.com/gmathieuseka/forum3/viewforum.php?forum=3&113

Cut & paste the appropriate bits of the post into two plain text files with extension ".hex" to be used as (eg) PIC & EPROM files on a standard goldwafer.

2old

C

campfreddy

Hi 2old………..when you say Cut & paste the appropriate bits of the post into two plain text files with extension .hex do you mean paste into wordpad then convert to a hex file?? And if so how do you convert to a hex file, sorry to bug you but this is the first time I have ever done this i usually just use keys and the barracuda editor ….thanks in advance!

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Assuming working under Windows:
- Create a new empty "text" file somewhere - eg NEWPIC.TXT
- Create another new empty "text file" - NEWEEPROM.txt
- Go to the post on the board where the info is embedded
- Cut the "PIC" section and paste it into the NEWPIC.TXT file
- Cut the "EEPROM" section and paste it into the NEWEEPROM.TXT file
- close (save) the files.
- Rename them both to have the extension HEX instead of TXT.
That's it.

If your programmer/soft only works with "bin" files for the eeprom then use a conversionm tool to convert NEWEEPROM.HEX to NEWEEPROM.BIN
EG use "swapbinhex" (but there are many other such tools - I posted a link to such a tool just a few days ago somewhere or other on this board - find it via the search function).

2old

PS:
Cut = mark the block of stuff you're interested in and press CTRL-C
Paste = go to the position in the file where you want to place the cut text, and press CTRL-V

Ouzo

Reaction score
Hello 2old,
On Wednesday I received a new auto-update card which did not work at all in a V478 cam.However,changing to a 1-2 cam produced limited results---namely all 6 NTV channels,all C+,some CSN,one ART (sports),and no TPS or ABSAT.
This obviously ties in with your article.
Does card need to be returned to be reprogrammed or will it rectify itself?
Any advice would be most appreciated,
All the best,
Ouzo

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
Card will not rectify itself. The software on the card needs to be reprogrammed.
Best advice is to invest a little time in research and a little money in a simple programmer, and learn how to do it yourself. The providers don't stand still. They are costantly looking for new defences against piracy - and that means new tricks needed on the cards.

2old