TPS +?

FRAZER

Reaction score
I have found out that TPS still works if you add SRG to the card as well. Has anyone else managed to add any further providers to a gold card without losing TPS? And why might it be that SRG doesn't interfere with TPS if others do?

mill9

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate Tm-7755 + 13/19/28° - PC Pentium Windows XP Pro
My Location
UK
It might work for you but I have tried it exactly the same as you with a fun card and it only works for about a minute, goes off and locks up!

FRAZER

Reaction score
Which receiver are you using? I've tried it on a Nokia and a Humax, and it worked on both. I've also heard that it works on Echostars, but only with the recent software update.

mill9

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate Tm-7755 + 13/19/28° - PC Pentium Windows XP Pro
My Location
UK
This is on a Humax VACI-5300 and is a total waste of time! Might as well delete all TPS channels except PPV!

Shahid

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sony KLV26HG2 LCD TV, Humax HD-CI 2000 on a Fixed Sky/Astra/Hotbird.
Cerebro Card. Infinity USB Phonix. Dragon Cam v4.1 w/Firecrypt & Loader Card.
My Location
London UK
P

philozoff

hI

pLEASE COULD U SEND TO ME THE HEX.

I'VE TRIED SO MANY HEX IN NOKIA.HUMAX AND TRIAX
WITHOUT SUCCESS.

THANKS A LOT

PHIL

phil-ozoff@freesurf.fr

FRAZER

Reaction score
After further (exhausting if not exhaustive) testing, I've discovered that on my Humax embedded Cam, TPS works fine on a multi-provider card so long as SRG ISN'T on it. This, of course, is interesting as TPS also works if SRG is the only other provider.

Furthermore, if I put SRG before TPS on the card (ie in provider 0- which won't show up in the provider list within the conditional access menu on the receiver), TPS does work again, though usually not the channels (such as Cinestar and Mezzo) which are simulcrypted in Seca. These show a Stream Error message, but will work if you take the card out and replace it- but then will stop working again when you change to a channel on a different transponder. (Indeed, this is true of all the TPS channels when SRG is on after TPS as well).

As a final strange twist, the above trick of putting SRG before TPS stops working if BBC Prime is on the card (I've tested that more than once!), though BBC Prime has no effect on TPS if SRG isn't on the card at all.

Can anyone else vouch for such combinations working or not working? and does anyone out there who knows the mysteries of these files (and isn't just following orders like me) have a reasonable explanation? The BBC thing may just be random, but the relationship between TPS and SRG seems significant, doesn't it?

By the way, none of the above worked for my Nokia embedded Cam! (though the TPS/SRG alone combination does).

FRAZER

Reaction score
Here are some things I've discovered experimenting with my Humax embedded Cam and the xxxx_Leo file. (the 0111_Leo file is still available at http://www.satfiles.nip.net within the Jan 16 directory).

With a complete 15 provider file, the TPS channels only encrypted in Viaccess will work, but will stop working if I change to a channel on a different transponder- after which I have to replace the card to clear them again. Those simulcrypted in Seca (such as Cinestar, Mezzo), will not work- usually cutting out after a few seconds.

If, though, I take SRG off the file, all the TPS channels work almost as normal. This is interesting, as a file with only SRG and TPS (and no others) works normally as well.

If I then put SRG back on the file in the space for Issuer (ie provider 0- so SRG does not show up in the provider list when viewing the card details on the receiver), the Viaccess only channels work as normal, but the simulcrypted ones usually now only work if I replace the card each time I change transponder. Even more strangely, this ploy stops working if BBC Prime is on the card as well, even though this channel has no negative effect if SRG is off the card completely.

It would be interesting to know if anyone else can reproduce these results, or come up with other successful combinations, and also if anyone who actually understands these files could come up with an explanation; there seems to be some relationship between TPS and SRG at least which is more than coincidental.

Incidentally, none of the above works on my embedded Nokia Cam, although the TPS/SRG only card does work.

FRAZER

Reaction score
That's a bit strange! I posted the first message this morning, but it didn't appear on the forum, so I tried again. Now they're both here, I think the second one is a bit clearer- I checked a couple of things out again before posting it!

N

NOVICE

It doesn't work because TPS - breaking all rules - runs through a list, which sometimes changes daily, of other providers on a card. An official TPS card would only have the one. If it hits on one of its proscribed list for that day/week, it locks on it - kaboom, card doesn't work. With few notable exceptions, only solution is to have TPS only on a second card - and even that won't work for all receivers.

FRAZER

Reaction score
The question is though, what are the notable exceptions! Since I posted my last message, all the simulcrypted TPS channels except for Cinefaz have stopped working on my TPS/SRG only card on the Nokia (which has been working for a number of weeks), though it still works perfectly on the Humax. On the Humax, though, with the 15 provider card without SRG only one or two of the TPS channels now want to clear (the others giving Stream Error messages), but if I take 6 providers off the card immediately after TPS, it works perfectly again, even if SRG is one of the extra channels. So, whatever exactly TPS are doing, there do still appear to be some ways around it for some receivers, though they're definately confusing me.