My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
Hi
Can anyone tell me the cheapest way to transfer money from a bank in france to a bank in the uk.

Thanks for your help

sputnick

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7000S, movable dish 1m pointing at 13E, 5E and 4W. The Gemini Project 2.90 Image in Flash. No multi-boot.
My Location
Belgium - Brussels
I dont think that there is any kind of charge at all and even if there is, it aint much.
For exemple I can without any charge transfer money from Belgium to Germany or France, or what ever.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
I think you'll find that there is a charge, because you will be going from Euro to Sterling, not sure how much it would be though. :)

whatsthis

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM7020 Screambox
MAC OSX & windowzz 98SE
Gemini
1664 on tap
My Location
13°E
Yes there's no such thing as free banking in france. The only way I can see is to get a suitcase full of money and get on the boat. Then find a uk bank to change it. Even the uk banks with branches in france charge just to move the money before exchanging it.

Has anyone used World first UK Ltd ?

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I'd be more concerned with the exchange rate Euro ---> Sterling which seems to vary from bank to bank. When you obtain Euros in the UK some banks plus the post office and M&S don't make a charge at all. So paying in should not incur much of a standing charge.

mhku

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM Nano ~ sg2100
My Location
Midlands
I posted a similar thread recently but from UK to Germany.

UK banks hate the public, cheapest (for UK customers) was Lloyds at £5 charge, Halifax £14, Abbey £25.

How much are we talking? Paypal is convenient and cheapest for small amounts. Failing that a direct bank transfer. More than £4000 one of the places mentioned in my thread were cheaper.