Transfering files from tbe built-in HDD to the external usb storage hdd

al_madhi

Reaction score
My Location
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
Hi, ppl I have Humax HD+ with built-in 500GB HDD I connected an external USB storage HDD at the back of the receiver through USB port , When I try to record instantaneously by pressing the red button on the remote control the receiver record on the iternal built-in Hard Disk and not on the external usb storage hdd .

I wrote to Humax people in Duai - UAE asking them how can I record on the external usb hdd - show below their respond :-
Dear Customer :-
It will not work because the system of this Humax HD+ always relay on the 500 GB built-in
The used of this USB port is to transfer file from the built-in drive to the external drive only .

But they did not tell me the procedure step-by-step to transfer the files , because in the user's manual there is no such information explaing how do transfaring the files by using the remote control

Please advice
the procedure step-by-step to transfer the files

waiting your respond as soon as possible

Best Regards

A.M.AL-MADHI

Dear

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Well, the transfer procedure is quite straightforward - just connect your USB stick, then go into Media then File Manager.

Simply carry out the transfer instinctively in the same way as you would move files from eg PC.

But there are limitations: First of all you cannot transfer HD files, only SD ones; Secondly, you can only transfer files less than 4GB.

I tried it just to prove it works, but haven't bothered since.

Here are the instructions you asked for _http://www.astra2d.com/transfer.html

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Oh, and the files are in .ts format, so you will need a suitable player such as Media Player Classic or VLC in order to view them.

al_madhi

Reaction score
My Location
Riyadh - Saudi Arabia
Tivù said:
Well, the transfer procedure is quite straightforward - just connect your USB stick, then go into Media then File Manager.

Simply carry out the transfer instinctively in the same way as you would move files from eg PC.

But there are limitations: First of all you cannot transfer HD files, only SD ones; Secondly, you can only transfer files less than 4GB.

I tried it just to prove it works, but haven't bothered since.

Here are the instructions you asked for _http://www.astra2d.com/transfer.html

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Tivu for your respond

My USB storage HDD is a 2TB HDD which is 4 times greater than the 500 GB HDD the internal built-in of the receiver and it is not a USB Stick , and my question how transfer recorded files in the internal built-in HDD to the external 2TB USB storage HDD , and and review these files from the external USB storage HDD whether these files HD or SD by the receiver itself and not using Media player classic or VLC .

Please advice

Best Regards

A.M.AL-MADHI

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
The way described by Tivu is the only way and has those limitations, it does not matter if you have a usb flash drive or you have a usb external drive the procedure is the same, if you cannot achieve what you want, I suggest you take it up with the manufacturer