Transfering Folders

touchingcloth

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Good day all,

I could do with a pointer please?

I've just installed my HDD. For those who have HDDs installed, do you move your system folders to the HDD, thervy allowing more space in you /Var folders.

How do I move the files/folders ? Just though FTP? Will the Dreamobx know where I've moved them to?

Thanks for any advice?

ps..I've had a look at updating keys etc at various websites (Toecutters)...and now feel really daunted! I was kinda just hoping to use an image and automatically download updated keys throug the Dreambox, and not all this downloaad raykeylist, edit replace etc..

I'm gonna cry :)

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
touchingcloth said:
Good day all,

I could do with a pointer please?

I've just installed my HDD. For those who have HDDs installed, do you move your system folders to the HDD, thervy allowing more space in you /Var folders.

How do I move the files/folders ? Just though FTP? Will the Dreamobx know where I've moved them to?

Thanks for any advice?

ps..I've had a look at updating keys etc at various websites (Toecutters)...and now feel really daunted! I was kinda just hoping to use an image and automatically download updated keys throug the Dreambox, and not all this downloaad raykeylist, edit replace etc..

I'm gonna cry :)

Hold off the tears.
Get your image installed.
e,g, Hydra
Most of the images do not contain keys so next step:
Update Hydra control panel.
If you are trying Hydra_Zeus today, it has today's control panel installed.
It also has 3 softcams installed, Radegast beta14, Newcamd 5.25 and dccamd. Press the blue button, check; It will say 4 cams installed, but one is CI.
Press the green button and then download Mary's bundle.
Exit and restart.
At this stage, I would press blue button and switch default cam to Newcamd.

You now have most if not all the available keys and as per today, Telenor will be black.

Now if you keep your eyes open elsewhere or here, you might notice a new rsakelist file that is more up to date than the current which is 26.11.04, as of today 05.12.04. When you get it, ftp it into the var/scce directory on your DB.
As you get more comfortable with softcams and keys, you can start going to other cams and trying other files. But if it works and is not broken, (e.g. Newcamd) don't fix it.

But this is enough to get started and give you most of what is up there.
Wait till you have got the hang of that and recorded a few movies to hdd before you start using it for back up. But if you explore the bottons, you will eventually be tempted to try the hdd or usb backup and the worst you can do is to have to re-flash.

Try ftping to your hdd and looking in it.
You can in principle make a backup folder on your hdd and make a copy of all the other directories into it. That way, you can, in principle restore corrupted directories. Of course, that assumes, you have not corrupted the settings file that contains the DB IP info, in whch case, ftp wont connect.