transmission loss on a multiswtich,diffrent on every modell?

Turok

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1,25 Fibostop
Jäger Smr 1224 & Smo 36 Dual Axsis Motor
Dynasat F1
Monterey 140
Drembox 800
sky Pace HD Box
Tagra 2,20 M Fullsize Dish
Echostar 2,40m Mesh for cband!
My Location
Austria
Hello!
i ordered last week a spaun multiswtich for 8 satellite receivers!
now i want to know,how much transmission lost a multiswtich realy have,is this like a iso norm,will the integrated power supply,with signal boost maybe makes the signal better,then without a swtich!
my cable from the dish on the roof to the television room is 27 Meter,someone told me,the maximum lenth should be only 15 meter,then the result would be best,installed the swtich direct on the dish,
but i cant
to bore througe the housewall again holes for 8 cables,
i bought this spaun multiswich now,see item number 230379867496 price is 150€

before i never use multiswtiches,,only direct connection,so that i have no signal lost:)
now i want to know,how high the signal lost aproximently will be,when i will install the swtich in my room after 27 meter of cable lenth from the dish!

are a big diffrents,in other brands,espasaly no name switches?

here the spaun company is only 50 km away,when i have problems,i send in the diseqec swtiches,in the past,and got a new one very quickly,with 5 year warrenty!

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Most Spaun units I have used have a set of trimmers that you set to offset the loss of the switch.

If your switch doesn't have them, then there may be a set gain already in the unit.

Spaun also sell a stand-alone four wire amplifier that is installed near the dish, and powered by the multiswitch.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The loss will vary between different switches, should be printed in the spec.