Transponders

touchingcloth

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Hiya all.

Does anyone know if there are more satellite channels 'out there' on existing satellites but aren't picked up because the image doesn't contain all transponder frequenices? and therefore the receiver doesn't pick up the service?

Cheers?

haggard

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
7000S - 300GB Maxtor
1GB USB -
Syslink wifi bridge from DB to Syslink wifi router to Apple Extreme streaming relay to Apple G5, 2 xG4.
Elgato into G4 17 in for Apple DVB-T captures.
Panasonic 42 HD ready
My Location
NW England
touchingcloth said:
Hiya all.

Does anyone know if there are more satellite channels 'out there' on existing satellites but aren't picked up because the image doesn't contain all transponder frequenices? and therefore the receiver doesn't pick up the service?

Cheers?

I recall T_G urging you to downlaod and then upload his settings for this very reason.

I noticed when talking to my DB using DreamstreamX on a Mac, there was the ability to downlaod settings from DB and also from SatcoDX. There was a huge difference with those from SatcoDX e.g. dripping with feeds that are not caught by a DB scan. The danger is that you will stuff your channel list with so much irrelevant material that you will take ages to scroll to the channels you watch.

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
touchingcloth said:
Hiya all.

Cheers?

You can press yellow button. go into sat XML. and select europe or atlantic. Make sure you ok first and then green button.

racingclubuk

Reaction score
Website
www.racingclubfc.com
My Satellite Setup
IBM Supercomputer
My Location
Ogmore by Sea - South Wales
john_graydon said:
You can press yellow button. go into sat XML. and select europe or atlantic. Make sure you ok first and then green button.
although that depends on having the plugin installed.....

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
turning 'net scan' on will find new transponders as well as the ones already known to the box

wallycharlo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 / 1m Gibertini XP
My Location
Western Austria
haggard said:
The danger is that you will stuff your channel list with so much irrelevant material that you will take ages to scroll to the channels you watch.
also ... you'd be suprised what types of useful extertainment can be found in these feeds ... during the Balkan war the americans had live feed from an unmanned drone spyplane on hotbird ... unencrypted!