triax 110 mystery

smokeyone

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m dish + technomate 6800hd
My Location
Suffolk
Hello
For those of you who read the forum a lot I have had loads of fun setting up a triax dish. Not wishing to leave well enough alone I have been fiddling again and by chance found out that if my hand is between the lnb and the dish the signal is stronger - closer my hand gets to the dish the stronger the signal - is this normal as I would have thought I would be degrading the signal....

G

What are you using to measure "Strength" ................

There is no chance of a real increase - quite the reverse.

But if you are using a squawky needle meter the pitch/level will be misleading you, I reckon.

I'm afraid unless you are the new Einstein, you're stuck with the same Laws of Physics as we mere mortals!

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
Yes, I'm sure if you stick a receiver on the end of the cable, and tune to a transponder, you will see the signal drop, or disappear completely if you put it close enough to the LNB.

smokeyone

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
1.1m dish + technomate 6800hd
My Location
Suffolk
Just using a cheapo meter-the needle goes right up with my hand close to the dish. False reading must be the answer. Cheers.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
Your meter is most probably just registering noise and reacting to that.