Triax hinged feedarm question

hammerboy

Reaction score
Got a tiny back garden in which to ground mount my new dish,One with a feedarm that folds up out the way when the little ones are playing nearby would seem a good idea,but can someone who owns one tell me how simple it is to raise it?do i have to undo fiddly screws every time or does it swing up easily? guess a bungee hooked from the fence behind would keep it up if it tends to fall down,but a bit of advice from those that have either a triax88 or 110,would be much appreciated!

loftyj

Reaction score
Have you thought about using a polar mount and using a pole to keep it out of the range of little ones.

hammerboy

Reaction score
Problem is i cant have it very high!the neighbours fence will be directly behind it and im trying not to cause any hassle!fraid its gotta be below my head level really,which means the feedarm will be a bit of a hurdle!the satellitesuperstore do a hinged feedarm clear 85cm dish for caravans, but i dont know how sturdy it is for a lifetime in all weathers?the triax seems to have arm which folds i understand, but i dunno if its one touch and its up, or ya have to unscrew something or other? Really have no other option re sighting it other than the little lawn as the house shadows everything west of 28 degrees east(my sly dish points almost along the terrace of houses im in)!So can anyone say yeay or neay? i quite fancy one of the coloured aluminium ones i've seen on lots of german websites,for the same or lower price than our grey steel ones!

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
hammerboy said:
Problem is i cant have it very high!the neighbours fence will be directly behind it and im trying not to cause any hassle!fraid its gotta be below my head level really,which means the feedarm will be a bit of a hurdle!the satellitesuperstore do a hinged feedarm clear 85cm dish for caravans, but i dont know how sturdy it is for a lifetime in all weathers?the triax seems to have arm which folds i understand, but i dunno if its one touch and its up, or ya have to unscrew something or other? Really have no other option re sighting it other than the little lawn as the house shadows everything west of 28 degrees east(my sly dish points almost along the terrace of houses im in)!So can anyone say yeay or neay? i quite fancy one of the coloured aluminium ones i've seen on lots of german websites,for the same or lower price than our grey steel ones!

Put in Triax 110cm dish a few weeks ago, There is a wing nut at the base of the arm . Just undo it and the arm should move up out of harms way. If you PM begonastick he has a photo of it that i e mailed him a few weeks ago. Maybe he remembers. Think all the triax ones work the same way ie 80cm/88cm/110cm.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
I have the 88cm and the 1.1m, and they are different. The 88 doesn't even have a wingnut, it just 'snaps' into position. Not sure it would take hundreds of up/downs though. The 88 is VERY neat when folded.

hammerboy

Reaction score
Probably end up only bother raising it the few times my youngest(2yo) is out there on the rare days when its warm enough to use that part of the garden for playing,so it looks like an 88 will do the job nicely, sounds very user friendly!got a fair bit of guilt using up the garden for my hobby as it is,at least i can limit the amount of real estate im nicking even if it aint by much!Slightly off topic ya cant deny that any dish is pretty well industrial looking!and its gonna look a bit overpowering in its grey colouring so im tempted to paint it either to try n blend it in with its surroundings or perhaps make a feature of it seeing the garden has all kiddie things in it,wendy houses, slides, garish big plastic windmills etc i thought maybe a smiley face ala technisat satman(alas non folding)or some other flower type design??!Matt car paint i read works best,but what blimming car manufacturer sells matt finished cars?can only find dull primers,If i could find a suitable spraypaint, will i end up wishing i never done it because it tends to wear/flake off looking a right mess living out in the elements,and with the triax logo showing through the thin layer of paint im meant to use?Any advice or should i start a new thread? thanx

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you go to a commercial supplier of paints to the auto trade, they will do commercial quality cellulose (not high gloss, the type they use on plant equipment) and probably put it in a spray can for you, you can then do the design perhaps with an enamel paint.

hammerboy

Reaction score
wow thanx!think we got one of those places on a nearby industrial estate!I'l pop down and have a look see,sounds more promising than the halfords i was checking out!! cheers all.:)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Cellulose?!

Thought they banned that stuff when I was still a grey-primer boy racer! O-Ha

BTW, neither of mine came with the Triax logo on.

hammerboy

Reaction score
Noticed about half the pictures on the dozens of sites i'v looked up have a plain unwritten dishplate,guess i'd best check before i buy as i dont wanna slap too many coats on and if i dont have to cover the logo then that'l be handy!the aluminium grey and red coloured ones in germany seem to have them tho,but seem cheaper than our heavy ole steel ones!just mailed some to see if they'l ship, and for how much c/w a twin invacom, bit concerned about poss damage though as i believe aluminium dishes dent easy.as well as the hassles of dealing with credit card deals overseas! one site was hm sat whom iv read positive things of on here i think!