Triax Outlet Wiring

PhilTilson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky box, new FreeSat Humax HD
My Location
Spain
Hi -

Spotted a Triax 304264 in a catalogue and thought it would be ideal for providing two satellite outlets, a TV and Radio socket:
AP0154206-40.jpg

But it's a bit more complicated than that, isn't it?! :-doh2

I hadn't realised it was for multiple distribution, and having spent quite a while searching, I can't seem to find any technical documentation on this item.

Can anyone help with how this should be connected and what complementary part I might need for the 'other end'?

Thanks.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
You need to ues a triplexer/diplexer for the sat1 feed and TV/radio feeds, the sat2 feed is another cable.

what do you have set up at the moment?

PhilTilson

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky box, new FreeSat Humax HD
My Location
Spain
rolfw said:
You need to ues a triplexer/diplexer for the sat1 feed and TV/radio feeds, the sat2 feed is another cable.

what do you have set up at the moment?

Nothing! It's a brand new installation (brand new house, actually!) and I want to bring two sat cables (from twin LN:cool: a normal terrestrial aerial and (maybe) an FM antenna to one point on the wall.

The only things currently installed (temporarily) are the two sat cables, but I will probably be replacing those as I think they're RG62 rather than CT100.

As you say, from inspection, the Sat2 socket seems to be a direct connection to one of the inputs. The Sat1 is a lot more complicated!