BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
LOL,

Just put my latest dish together. No instructions included. No instructions on Triax website. Works fine. Looks good.

Problem :-

I still have these spare parts!!!

Anyone with a brain got a clue?

Thanks!

:-ohmy

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I thought you were supposed to have bits left over when you do do a building job diy ;)

earwig999

Reaction score
BGonaSTICK said:
LOL,

Just put my latest dish together. No instructions included. No instructions on Triax website. Works fine. Looks good.

Thanks!

Sure the Big one goes on the back of the dish running down. The smaller one with holes ????? Aint gotta clue maybe on the bottom somewhere??

electric6

Reaction score
My Location
co.down ni
BIGON
i have this dish myself
and the piece on the right fits inside the clamp that attaches
to the dish (v important) for strength i think
piece on left slides inside the dish bracket(the bit the clamp attaches to)
hope this helps;)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
electric6 said:
BIGON
i have this dish myself
and the piece on the right fits inside the clamp that attaches
to the dish (v important) for strength i think
piece on left slides inside the dish bracket(the bit the clamp attaches to)
hope this helps;)
I'm pretty sure you're right about the curvy bit. The curvature is exactly the same as the inside of the big rear bracket, but I can't see it's purpose, or how it's attatched. You're probably right about the boxy bit also, but I'm completely stumped as to how or where it goes.

Don't suppose you have the instructions still do you? :D

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Ahhh, no hang on... do you mean that the boxy bit fits inside the large steel clamp that fixes to the pole with the huge 'U' bolts (and seems to stop it compressing too much)? Are the two holes in the boxy bit supposed to bolt through the two small holes on the pole side of the huge clamp?

:confused O-no :-ohmy

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
Every time the mechanics work on my cars they have bits left over - they throw them away - say they are over engineered.

What do you think?

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
So THAT's where it goes!

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
i know what them bits are for....

they stick them in the box on purpose... knowing you will be really worried when they are left :)

i have the same dish outside this window.... will take a pick of the back of it when its lighter tomorrow if you like :)

Lancelot

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SS1.
125cm Gibbi with Channelmaster feedhorn and Inverto C120 twin.
36v H to H 62E - 61.5W
My Location
South central
This is a 1.2mtr Triax prime focus Antenna :eek:
triax7.jpg

Want one...:D :D :D :D

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
RedDevil_UK said:
i know what them bits are for....

they stick them in the box on purpose... knowing you will be really worried when they are left :)

i have the same dish outside this window.... will take a pick of the back of it when its lighter tomorrow if you like :)
That would be really cool. I can't get any sense out of the folks who sold it to me ATM. All the stock they have come without instructions!

On the curvey part in the photo, there is a bent tag at one end. I could really do with knowing if it goes at the top or the bottom. I'm assuming that it goes INSIDE the main bracket on the dish.

The other box-shaped effort seems to sort of fit inside the pole clamp thing, but again, which way up, and does it bolt on?

Thanks folks.

Better still, a copy of the instructions... :D :D :D

I just have to have these things right :rolleyes:

john_graydon

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Azbox premium HD+,Dusty Dreambox 7000s,& Sky HD.
My Location
Dublin....Ireland
BGonaSTICK said:
LOL,

Thanks!

Just put one of these exact same triax 110 cm, no spare parts left up yesterday. But they put the wrong lnb holder in it. You know the one that fits into the end of the arm. Its supposed to click in but the one i got i think is for an 80cm dish as its pointing down to the very bottom of dish. Its very annoying, no signal whats so ever on it. I knew when i was putting it up it would cause trouble. Had to put the smaller dish back up. Going back to sat retailer now with the lnb holder. How annoying is that. Come on triax get it right.

RedDevil_UK

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000S, VU+ Solo2, 1.1m Dish, Moteck SG-2100A DISEQC Motor
My Location
Rochdale
to be honest mate after looking for them parts on my dish, i aint got a clue what they are??

they must have left them off my dish too lol

the picture is probably no help at all, as i took a picture with my phone on zoom, leaning out of the top window ahhaha

dynamo985

Reaction score
holy crap, my dish hasnt been able to find the arc properly for months, coukd this be because i have the motor upside down? I have it on the other way than the one in the photo above. With the pole bit facing up, or doesnt it matter?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
LOL, yes, it matters very much, but some motors have the arm above and some below. :)

dynamo985

Reaction score
so how do i know if i need it up or below, i got a disceq 1.2 motor.

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Most that look like that will be DiseqC 1.2, a good guide would be the positioning of the cable connectors, if they are on the top, then the motor is probably upside down. Also, if the dish turns upwards when moving away from due Soth, the motor is the wrong way up. :)

dynamo985

Reaction score
the cables r on the bottom, but the dish certainly doesnt turn down as it moves from due south. :confused

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
If you can take a picture of it, we can let you know. The dish doesn't so much tilt down as swivel in its own axis, do you know what make it is?

dynamo985

Reaction score
i tried taking a pic earlier but it was dark lol, but the dish is brand less, got it from hisat, and i dunno bout motor. But i will take pic later, if i can get flash to work or tomorrow morning :p