Rob
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple dragon & Technomate receivers
Dioblo & Dragon cams &
motorised dish
My Location
UK
Hello to everyone,I have been thinking for 2 weeks now weather to buy a dreambox 7020 or a triple dragon.I like computers and learning new stuff but i have never used lunix,but i am willing to learn.So basicly am i better off with the triple dragon box or the Dreambox.Which is the best,easiest to learn and the most reliable of the two,thankyou

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Hi mrgoodall, welcome to the forum.

It's going to be down to your choice. I can only speak for the TD - I'm happy with mine, it's a great box with plenty of potential. Well built, with a sensitive tuner.

The Dreambox being an early entrant Linux box has a bigger 'fan base', but there's also a good following in the way of enthusiast sites for the TD.

You don't need to know too much about Linux to get going with these boxes - once you get into the swing of it it all falls into place (eventually :))

Llew

mrgoodall

Rob
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple dragon & Technomate receivers
Dioblo & Dragon cams &
motorised dish
My Location
UK
Ive got a gut feeling to go for the Triple dragon as i need a receiver that works with usuals and i've heard that the Dreambox isn't so easy.Basicly i have a stab motor which i just want to replace my Gbsat with the Triple dragon but still loop through my Technomate,so i can use both receivers,one at a time.