Triple lnb

goldfish2

My Satellite Setup
Xsat dtva with an official canal sat card and monoblock.
80 cm dish
My Location
London
I have a dula lnb on hotbird and astra , Is it possible to buy a triple lnb so I can also get arabsat on 28o?

gauch21

I need a RedBull
My Satellite Setup
HOTBIRD 4/6 & NSS6 ON ZENEGA CD-1005S with 1 CI-slot & 1 smart-card reader (CONAX Embedded), DISEqC SWITCH, MATRIX O3ZONE LOADED WITH UCAS3.2 & MR 1.220
My Location
India
you need a dual lnb feeder not the triple lnb

goldfish2

My Satellite Setup
80 cm dish
My Location
London
gauch21 said:
you need a dual lnb feeder not the triple lnb
can you explain to me what is a dual lnb feeder? what do i need to do now to add another lnb ? i have 2 lnbs but one output

goldfish2

My Satellite Setup
80 cm dish
My Location
London
thanks fo rthis but i am really a novice on this and basically right now i have a dual lnb and only one cable going into the receiver/lnb. if i want a third one what do i do?

closetosoton

More dishes than Sense.
My Satellite Setup
Wavefield T55, 20 LNB's and a whole load of analogue boxes!
My Location
Close to Southampton
the dual LNB you probably refer to is a monoblock. two lnbs built into one. inside there is a built in switch which you receiver controls. if you want more than 2 lnbs in this fashion, you'll have to drop your monoblock in exchange for 3 separte lnbs and a diseqc switch (which can support upto 4 lnbs). or if your receiver has a 0/12v switching cabability you might be able to keep your monoblock and add a 0/12v switch with the monoblock on one side and third lnb on the other - i'm just guessing at that, if someone would back me up that would be my full answer. :-smallmam

-cts

goldfish2

My Satellite Setup
80 cm dish
My Location
London
closetosoton said:
the dual LNB you probably refer to is a monoblock. two lnbs built into one. inside there is a built in switch which you receiver controls. if you want more than 2 lnbs in this fashion, you'll have to drop your monoblock in exchange for 3 separte lnbs and a diseqc switch (which can support upto 4 lnbs). or if your receiver has a 0/12v switching cabability you might be able to keep your monoblock and add a 0/12v switch with the monoblock on one side and third lnb on the other - i'm just guessing at that, if someone would back me up that would be my full answer. :-smallmam

-cts
thanks for that , yes my receiver has the 0/12 facility, what sort of lnbs do i need if i want to connect 2 receivers to the dish? where do you connect the switch?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
If you want to feed two receivers, then you will need either three twin LNBs and two four way diseqC switches, or a twin output monobloc LNB and a twin LNB with 0/12v switch.