Trouble connecting reciver with PC (NOOBIE)

boky23

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DSR5003 on the way!
My Location
Munich/Germany
hello,

ive just registered to ure, i must say AMAZING forum here!

i have some old reciver at the moment and im wondering if i could patch it somehow and watch some channels on Astra and Hotbird. i think i have 70 or 80cm dish with double gemini LNB.

reciver is ID Digital F-20E

i have found some software on the net for this reciver or is it firmware, i realy dont know since im a noobie to this subject.

anyhow, the name of the file that i have is F20E_12.idd and i realy dont know what to do with it :-( and the guy who posted the thread was writing on portugese so dont have a clue what he realy wanted to say.

is there some kind of program to use to connect the reciver with PC and install the software/firmware and whats the name of it?

i bought RS232 cable yesterday and connected the reciver to my PC but nuttin happend (omg im such a noob).

is it posible to patch thatt reciver model anyways or i shold wait for DSR5003 that ive ordered?

any help would be nice.

have a nice day!

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
boky23 said:
hello,

ive just registered to ure, i must say AMAZING forum here!

i have some old reciver at the moment and im wondering if i could patch it somehow and watch some channels on Astra and Hotbird. i think i have 70 or 80cm dish with double gemini LNB.

reciver is ID Digital F-20E

i have found some software on the net for this reciver or is it firmware, i realy dont know since im a noobie to this subject.

anyhow, the name of the file that i have is F20E_12.idd and i realy dont know what to do with it :-( and the guy who posted the thread was writing on portugese so dont have a clue what he realy wanted to say.

is there some kind of program to use to connect the reciver with PC and install the software/firmware and whats the name of it?

i bought RS232 cable yesterday and connected the reciver to my PC but nuttin happend (omg im such a noob).

is it posible to patch thatt reciver model anyways or i shold wait for DSR5003 that ive ordered?

any help would be nice.

have a nice day!

Is the RS-232 cable straight or null modem ?

Most receivers that I am familiar with can be updated ONLY with a null modem cable.

Please be advised that flashing with the wrong firmware s/w can damage your receiver.
So make sure that you have the right s/w and try to get a translation of the Porugese post before proceeding any further.

boky23

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DSR5003 on the way!
My Location
Munich/Germany
i asked the nice guy at the store and he gave me null modem cable.

my problem is software so if any one had any expirience with this reciver pls help. it doesnt even matter if reciver gets damaged, i just wanna try to patch it.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
I don't think that the receiver model is known here. Hope that I am wrong:)

There is a Portugese forum section, so it is now a question of trying to translate what you saw.
Try posting just the portugese piece (if it is not copyrighted or doesn't have any forbidden material such as keys, etc.) and hopefully someone might help.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
boky23 said:
i asked the nice guy at the store and he gave me null modem cable.

my problem is software so if any one had any expirience with this reciver pls help. it doesnt even matter if reciver gets damaged, i just wanna try to patch it.
Had you searched the forum you would have found three threads on this subject, it cannot be patched now but firmware and loader Glider V 1.9 should be obtainable here the humax site is hosting the files now as they are the same company. Null modem cable is correct

boky23

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DSR5003 on the way!
My Location
Munich/Germany
so installing the firmware wont give me posibility to enter keys and unlock tv programs? am i right?

and thanx very much for ure post:)

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
boky23 said:
so installing the firmware wont give me posibility to enter keys and unlock tv programs? am i right?

and thanx very much for ure post:)
You are correct, I know there was an Italian forum i once came across that was doing some stuff with it but I think they had limited success and I lost the link to it last year. It may be worth spending time on google trying different word combinations to see if the forum is still there