Trouble finding Astra? locking on to 07e5?? please help

S

sunnyspain

Member
Messages
22
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
none at the moment
My Location
Murcia Spain
#1
Hi, further to my last post, I've got an old Grundig GDS200, a 1.2m ofset dish, Sharp universal LNB all set up in Murcia Spain now but I cant align to Astra?? I'm getting a lock on 07e6 and 07e5 (what are they) but can't find 07d4 (astra I believe)?? Am I close or miles away?? Before I go and buy a Pace DS340N I just want to know if it's possible to get any channels with the Grundig.
My neighbour incedently has the same dish but with a Pace box and has a crystal clear recepcion on all FTA channels, his signal test info says NETWORK id 0002 and TRANSPORT STREAM 0800 and is NOT locked??

I've borrowed a Maxivew Satfinder from a friend, but I still cant find it with that.

Any help advice appreciated, It's now 2 years since I watched UK TV!!

Many thanks, Neil
 
Analoguesat

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
46,027
Likes
8,549
Location
Scottish Borders
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
#2
07d4 is on a north beam which is probably weak in south Spain. You need to change settings for a south beam transponder.
Gom to www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk and follow the instructions for southern Europe.
 
G

geoffreys

ASBO Club Member - Persona non grata
Messages
306
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Famaval 2.4m dish, Invacom 0.2dB LNB (single), Pace 430N
My Location
Famagusta District, Cyprus
#3
sunnyspain said:
Hi, further to my last post, I've got an old Grundig GDS200, a 1.2m ofset dish, Sharp universal LNB all set up in Murcia Spain now but I cant align to Astra?? I'm getting a lock on 07e6 and 07e5 (what are they) but can't find 07d4 (astra I believe)?? Am I close or miles away?? Before I go and buy a Pace DS340N I just want to know if it's possible to get any channels with the Grundig.
My neighbour incedently has the same dish but with a Pace box and has a crystal clear recepcion on all FTA channels, his signal test info says NETWORK id 0002 and TRANSPORT STREAM 0800 and is NOT locked??

I've borrowed a Maxivew Satfinder from a friend, but I still cant find it with that.

Any help advice appreciated, It's now 2 years since I watched UK TV!!

Many thanks, Neil
I'd also like to know what 07e6 and 07e5 are. It has been asked before on this forum but I've never seen a reply. My system shows 07e5 whenever 07d4 fails.
Geoff
Cyprus
 
Analoguesat

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
46,027
Likes
8,549
Location
Scottish Borders
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
#4
The reason is simple.

07e5 is 12110H on the 2B south beam
07e6 is 12129V on the 2A south beam

Both will be stronger in your location than 07d4 (11778V - 2A north beam.)

You can check most of the tp idents here:

http://www.digitalsat.co.uk/transponderidents28e.html


edit - corrected 12110 polarity
 
S

sunnyspain

Member
Messages
22
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
none at the moment
My Location
Murcia Spain
#5
I've changed settings as suggested and still "no satellite signal being recieved" message is displayed, I have OK on Lock, 3/4 signal strength and about 1/4 Signal quality.

I changed default transponder in the Installer set up menu? do I need to change anything else? The Digibox has been unpluged for nearly 1 year, so could the software be out of date?

thanks for the help so far,

Neil
 
bignick

bignick

Specialist Contributor
Messages
336
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Back in the UK and missing Cyprus!!!
My Location
Aylesbury
#6
Which default transponders did you try?

Just in case you didn't know (I'm probably teaching you to suck eggs) get to the installers menu by services-4-0-1 select then choose option 2 - default transponder. Change it to 12441 - I've heard thats good in spain or 12207 which is good in cyprus.

After that go to manual tuning and it will give the signal strenth for that transponder!

Just another thing.... the number on network ID is 0002 isn't it? I only ask 'cause I've been there before :-ohmy

I maybe wrong but I don't think the software on the GDS200 will update. But it should still work.

Cheers

Nick

sunnyspain said:
I've changed settings as suggested and still "no satellite signal being recieved" message is displayed, I have OK on Lock, 3/4 signal strength and about 1/4 Signal quality.

I changed default transponder in the Installer set up menu? do I need to change anything else? The Digibox has been unpluged for nearly 1 year, so could the software be out of date?

thanks for the help so far,

Neil
 
S

sunnyspain

Member
Messages
22
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
none at the moment
My Location
Murcia Spain
#7
Thanks Nick,

We have progress... I've now found 07ea, and with a default transponder of 12.207 I have Sky News. nothing else however.
Yes the Network id is 0002, don't worry about teaching me to suck eggs, I am a complete newby to this game, I had Sky in the UK but never got involved in transponders, so I am grateful for any help.

What I dont get is... I gather certain channels are on certain transponders? so do I have to "add Channels" and know the frequency of all the channels I want, or is there some way of selecting them all?

Cheers again, Neil
 
bignick

bignick

Specialist Contributor
Messages
336
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Back in the UK and missing Cyprus!!!
My Location
Aylesbury
#8
Right, now you have sky news then you will be able to get everything else that the dish/tune/lnb/digibox will allow you to get.

Sky news will be available on the other channels option but you should get loads more in normal sky. what about 104 & 105? Have you got a FTV card in there? do you get any other messages apart fron no signal?

sunnyspain said:
Thanks Nick,

We have progress... I've now found 07ea, and with a default transponder of 12.207 I have Sky News. nothing else however.
Yes the Network id is 0002, don't worry about teaching me to suck eggs, I am a complete newby to this game, I had Sky in the UK but never got involved in transponders, so I am grateful for any help.

What I dont get is... I gather certain channels are on certain transponders? so do I have to "add Channels" and know the frequency of all the channels I want, or is there some way of selecting them all?

Cheers again, Neil
 
S

sunnyspain

Member
Messages
22
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
none at the moment
My Location
Murcia Spain
#9
Nick
I have sky news, Euro news, CNN and thats all I can find, thats using default transponder of 12.441. 104 and 105 are saying channel unavailable, and no I dont have a ftv card. Do I need to continue moving the dish looking for another Sat or should I lock the dish and leave it where it is and go buy a more sensitive digibox? and maybe a FTV card?

As strange as it may sound, If I could get ITV (to keep the wife happy) and POP and TINY POP to keep the kids happy, that will do! After 2 years with only Spanish TV I'm more than happy with SkyNews.


Cheers, Neil
 
bignick

bignick

Specialist Contributor
Messages
336
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Back in the UK and missing Cyprus!!!
My Location
Aylesbury
#10
I'll be honest with you mate. Ths GDS200 is not my choice of digibox out there. What I suggest you do is see if you can borrow a friend or nieghbours box - prefrerably one that has a similar dish setup to yours and see if you get the same. If you get success there then go get yourself a Pace 2600 or failing that then a DS430n or Amstrad DRX 400 or modern Thomson, or Grundig GDS3000 (I think in that order - though I'm sure others will have comments to add) and FTV card (or subscribe of course!).

If you haven't got an Ebay account to get one, or the locals are ripping you off for one then contact me!

Cheers

Nick

sunnyspain said:
Nick
I have sky news, Euro news, CNN and thats all I can find, thats using default transponder of 12.441. 104 and 105 are saying channel unavailable, and no I dont have a ftv card. Do I need to continue moving the dish looking for another Sat or should I lock the dish and leave it where it is and go buy a more sensitive digibox? and maybe a FTV card?

As strange as it may sound, If I could get ITV (to keep the wife happy) and POP and TINY POP to keep the kids happy, that will do! After 2 years with only Spanish TV I'm more than happy with SkyNews.


Cheers, Neil
 
S

spiney

Guest
Messages
1,514
Likes
1
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
#11
well, obviously, you can try to get particular channels you want individually, maybe first in "manual tune", then if received ok you can add them to "other channels" list.

Channel details to try with at www.satcodx.com, etc .....

Obviously, this doesn't solve not locking onto the default transponder, and you won't have the epg!
 
S

sunnyspain

Member
Messages
22
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
none at the moment
My Location
Murcia Spain
#12
Cheers for the info, I have a good offer for a second hand pace 2600, I think I will go for it.

Cheers again, Neil
 
bignick

bignick

Specialist Contributor
Messages
336
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Back in the UK and missing Cyprus!!!
My Location
Aylesbury
#13
Thats what I would Do :-thumb1

Let us know what its like after you hook up the 2600

Cheers

Nick

sunnyspain said:
Cheers for the info, I have a good offer for a second hand pace 2600, I think I will go for it.

Cheers again, Neil
 
Mike4t

Mike4t

Member
Messages
39
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Solid 2.4M C120 Invacom0.03db twin, ADF120 Feedhorn, Pace2600 & Pace DS430N. SKY package exc Sports
My Location
Costa Blanca
#14
What part of Murcia are you in,, as the 1.2m seems a bit small,, I am up near Abanilla and need at least a 1.8m and that will give me most of FTA for best part of day.. I currently have a 2.4m which gives me 24/7 FTA,, I have used the GDG 2000, and found it an abosolute pig to get good reception of CH4/5,, FD was critical as was Skew,, even a gnats c**k was toomuch,, now changed to a 2600, and have a DS430N,,, the 2600 is much better than the 430,, as ITV sometimes breaks up on the 430n late nite..
 
S

sunnyspain

Member
Messages
22
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
none at the moment
My Location
Murcia Spain
#15
I'm in Lorca, southern Murcia. I have now decided to go for a new Pace box, question is.... is the 2600c1 better than the DS430N? I've done a 'local survey' and all neighbours seem to have 1.2m dishes with DS430N boxes and get no trouble with FTA.
Any advice on 2600 vs 430n gratfully recieved.

Cheers, Neil
 
dxsat

dxsat

Specialist Contributor
Messages
745
Likes
70
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
#16
The 2600 CI is better than the 430n but slower. You will have to get one secondhand on EBay but be careful to ask which model you are getting. Some sellers will describe a new 430n as a 2600, as they don't know the difference.
 
Mike4t

Mike4t

Member
Messages
39
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
Solid 2.4M C120 Invacom0.03db twin, ADF120 Feedhorn, Pace2600 & Pace DS430N. SKY package exc Sports
My Location
Costa Blanca
#17
As I said the 2600 appears to be much better on sensitivity,,, but I have a box I bought from AKI (Between Alicante and Benidorm on the N322, by the big Carrefour at St Juan) for 120€ which will pick up all the FTA channels which now is BBC and ITV, also the screen readouts are much better than the Sky box as whilst you are tuning in on the Install menu, you can see the Transponder no the Sig strength and the quality etc,,,

One other point on using Sky box, a neighbour has problems with CH4/5 In the afternoons,, but this is be corrected by going to transponder 12129,,,, press red button first to ensure that all other settings are reset correctly,,

another thing is to try for a ITV stronger sig is to add ITV channels Isles on 10906 V 22 5/6 (Do this in services, add channels.

Have you tried the 430N or 2600 yet,. because if your neighbours are OK on a 1.2 dish, your problem can only be set up and alignment or faulty LNB, cable etc. to buy new DS430N will be about 275€ in this area,, havent seen any cheaper, card is 80€..
 
S

sunnyspain

Member
Messages
22
Likes
0
My Satellite Setup
none at the moment
My Location
Murcia Spain
#18
Now im even more confused?? No I havn't tried the pace boxes yet, I keep missing them on Ebay. I'm hoping to borrow a 340N today, so will post the results if I do. I tried the ITV on 10906, but am getting 'no satellite signal recieved' message. I am getting a crystal clear picture on SkyNews, CNN, Travel, Men & motors and various other shopping and religous channels but its BBC, ITV and a couple of kids channels that I really want. I would asume that the dish is pointing in the right direction being that I am getting those channels? please correct me if im wrong.
Thanks to everyone for the help/advice so far, this is a very usefull site.

Neil
 
Analoguesat

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Messages
46,027
Likes
8,549
Location
Scottish Borders
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Skybox F3
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
#19
sunnyspain said:
Now im even more confused?? No I havn't tried the pace boxes yet, I keep missing them on Ebay. I'm hoping to borrow a 340N today, so will post the results if I do. I tried the ITV on 10906, but am getting 'no satellite signal recieved' message. I am getting a crystal clear picture on SkyNews, CNN, Travel, Men & motors and various other shopping and religous channels but its BBC, ITV and a couple of kids channels that I really want. I would asume that the dish is pointing in the right direction being that I am getting those channels? please correct me if im wrong.
Thanks to everyone for the help/advice so far, this is a very usefull site.

Neil

The majority of the pay channels are transmitted on pan European beams that cover Spain quite nicely. BBC& ITV use Astra 2D which is focussed onto north western Europe. Spanish viewers need bigger dishes than normal for 2D.

The official footprints for the Astra 2's are linked off this page:

http://www.ses-astra.com/corpSite/siteSections/ASTRAFleet/astra2a/index.php

down the bottom of each birds page.
 
D

devonbrown

Specialist Contributor
Messages
224
Likes
1
My Satellite Setup
4 systems. In Scotland Freesat with Humax Foxsat recorder. In Algarve 1.5 fixed Inv Quad LNB with 3 Pace 2600C1 and 1 Amstrad HD DRX780UK also 80cm dish with Inverto 0.2db monoblock LNB (19.2E/26E) feeding Technomate 5000CI+ usb.
My Location
Scotlandl and Algarve
#20
sunnyspain said:
Now im even more confused?? No I havn't tried the pace boxes yet, I keep missing them on Ebay. I'm hoping to borrow a 340N today, so will post the results if I do. I tried the ITV on 10906, but am getting 'no satellite signal recieved' message. I am getting a crystal clear picture on SkyNews, CNN, Travel, Men & motors and various other shopping and religous channels but its BBC, ITV and a couple of kids channels that I really want. I would asume that the dish is pointing in the right direction being that I am getting those channels? please correct me if im wrong.
Thanks to everyone for the help/advice so far, this is a very usefull site.

Neil
I offered you a 2600C1 but you haven't come back to me.
 
Top