Trouble finding Astra? locking on to 07e5?? please help

Mike4t

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Solid 2.4M C120 Invacom0.03db twin, ADF120 Feedhorn, Pace2600 & Pace DS430N. SKY package exc Sports
My Location
Costa Blanca
Sorry to harp on,,, but pointing the dish in the right direction will not be good enuff, as you are getting Sky news and a few others this indicates that you are in the right direction,, however the channels you want are much weaker than the south beams you seem to be ok on,, but you say your neighbours are receiving ok on a 1.2m, (I assume also that youre dish is identical,,) so there is no reason why you should not be the same except for the following,
Digibox not good enough, therefore you need to borrow a DS430 or Pace 2600 and confirm, if this does not work,, using the same box that is good with your neighbours try the following

Adjust Skew and focal length to be identical to others,
ensure that direction and elevation are exactly the same,
note that even a millimetre off can make a difference, for ITV BBC you are working at extremes relatively speaking.
Bear in mind that with manufacture tolerances you may need to be a little different to an identical system to get the same results
after this work if you still cannot get any improvement, you need to start looking at your LNB, connections joints and cable is correct.

Finally all the info you need will be on this site here

_http://homepage.ntlworld.com/de.sullivan/#intro

sunnyspain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none at the moment
My Location
Murcia Spain
devonbrown said:
I offered you a 2600C1 but you haven't come back to me.

Devonbrown, I've just sent you an Email,

Cheers, Neil

sunnyspain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none at the moment
My Location
Murcia Spain
sunnyspain said:
Devonbrown, I've just sent you an Email,

Cheers, Neil

devonbrown, just had a mail undeliverable error using your @bigfoot address, do you have an alternate address?

Regds, Neil

sunnyspain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none at the moment
My Location
Murcia Spain
just a quick update, have just plugged in my inlaws DS430N and it is no different?? still only skynews, CNN, shopping and other rubbish. So I guess its back on the roof to move the dish/LNB, that will have to wait till tomorrow. The Inlaws are not happy as they are babysitting for us and were looking forward to watching Xfactor! does it replay tomorrow on ITV 2 or any other channel??

Cheers, Neil

dxsat

Reaction score
Website
skyinmadrid.com
My Satellite Setup
Snap's setup: (In Spain) Humax HDR, Prodelin 1.8m dish + Invacom QDF-031 + CM feed, (In UK) CallFlow VDSL + EE 4G, Sky Q, YouView HD, Mac OSX, iOS
My Location
UK: Tonbridge, Kent. Spain: Madrid.
Neil,
Looks like the problem is really a mis-aligned, undersized dish. If this is the case, no box made is going to bring in BBC or ITV, which is why your in-laws' DS430n didn't work.
Mucia is one of spain's 'black holes'. See this map:
_http://sam-radford.me.uk/astra2d.htm
You say your neighbour has all FTA channels- does this mean all BBC? On a 1.2m dish?
To give you an idea, we are to the west of you in Madrid, with a stronger signal, and a perfectly aligned 1.8m dish and a much better LNB than a Sharp is needed here to give all FTA channels on Astra 2D.

devonbrown

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
4 systems. In Scotland Freesat with Humax Foxsat recorder. In Algarve 1.5 fixed Inv Quad LNB with 3 Pace 2600C1 and 1 Amstrad HD DRX780UK also 80cm dish with Inverto 0.2db monoblock LNB (19.2E/26E) feeding Technomate 5000CI+ usb.
My Location
Scotlandl and Algarve
sunnyspain said:
devonbrown, just had a mail undeliverable error using your @bigfoot address, do you have an alternate address?

Regds, Neil
I have sent you a PM

Mike4t

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Solid 2.4M C120 Invacom0.03db twin, ADF120 Feedhorn, Pace2600 & Pace DS430N. SKY package exc Sports
My Location
Costa Blanca
Be patient and go thru all the instructions on the caravanners site link I pasted, once you have done that and have checked the LNB and connections are 100% and it still dont work then you really are looking at a larger dish!(I am surpised that 1.2m does pick up ITV BBC in Lorca,, I know of some cases of a 1.5m being ok,,, but a 1.8m would be a safe bet!!

sunnyspain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none at the moment
My Location
Murcia Spain
Just to confrm a few details, I have 3 neighbours within 1km of my house all using 1.2m ofset dishes (1.3m vertical dimension), all using Pace DS430n boxes and are all recieving BBC and ITV channels. The detail I don't know is which brand of LNB they are using, and what skew/focal length settings they have.
Tomorrow I will contact a local installer and see if they can professionaly align my dish, and maybe 'trial' another Pace box.

regards, Neil

sunnyspain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none at the moment
My Location
Murcia Spain
Well, the Pace 2600 has arrived, connected up.....and no diffrence whatsoever! apart from lightblue background colour and faster channel changing. so whats next?????

Neil

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Get the dish alignment checked.
Make sure the coax cable isnt damaged in any way.
Fit a abetter lnb
Insatll a bigger dish

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
Analoguesat said:
Get the dish alignment checked.
Make sure the coax cable isnt damaged in any way.
Fit a abetter lnb
Insatll a bigger dish
move back to UK :-Cbigsmil

sunnyspain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none at the moment
My Location
Murcia Spain
for anyone interested. I ended up taking TV and digibox up on the roof with a box of spanners! After careful tweaking I have managed to get all FTA chanels exept for BBC, ITV, 4 and 5, which I think I can do without. So the Pace 2600 proved to be worth the expense. I have default transponder set at 12.441 and have 100% signal strength and 90% signal quality.
With regards to 4 and 5, are they on 2D? or just very weak signals?

Many thanks for all the help/advice given over the last couple of weeks.

Happy New Year to all.

Neil

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
We are all pleased you are sorted, gives a base line for others too

Zorba

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
3m(28.2E),1.5m(19.2E.13E,10E),1m (4W ,7W)1m (?).diseqc 10,sky plus,VU+,telergy iptv.
Satlook nit colour + Horizon hdsm.
My Location
Limassol, Sunny Cyprus
sunnyspain said:
! After careful tweaking I have managed to get all FTA chanels exept for BBC, ITV, 4 and 5, which I think I can do without.
Neil

So what interesting channels can you get?:confused

Mike4t

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Costa Blanca
SunnySpain,, I am not bought into your solution,, Sounds to me you have a problem with Alignment, LNB/Feedhorn, Cable.. You should be able to get Sky News with a dustbin lid where you are!!,,. CH5 should be banging in on a 1.2 Offset!! And you say your neighbours are getting the BBC and ITV, then so should you unless there is a black hole approx 50mtr wide around your dish,, as with the 1.2m dish and 2600 you should be getting BBC/ITV at least in late AM, and PM from 1900 to 2300. I take it you have the Sharp 0.3db, Offset single which is sold by the local wholesalers as outperfoming the invacom in this area,, I can get one for you for about 25€ plus postage if you PM me

sunnyspain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none at the moment
My Location
Murcia Spain
Just a quick update on my earlier post.. I think Mike4t has a point?

We had severe winds down in Murcia on Sunday and whilst searching through channels I got a clear picture on BBC! and a slightly blocky picture on ITV! neither of which I have ever got.
I set the details for Channel Islands and the BBC picture was even better, ITV marginally better, but both fade early evening. I am still getting nothing on Channel 4 but a very bad blocky still image on Five??

Looks like the transponder id is 0802.

Is it worth going up on the roof with my 13mm spanner?? or are these classic symptoms of undersize dish/ wrong lnb??

Or...do I just wait for a hurricaine and hope for the best.

cheers, Neil

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
Its a clear indication of a marginally misaligned dish. As the Astra 2D channels are so much weaker than the others, half a degree of alignment can make all the difference. Try adjusting the skew of the lnb (the twist of it)

sunnyspain

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
none at the moment
My Location
Murcia Spain
Well, I finally gave in and called the experts in! they put a spectrum analyser on the set up, tweaked the dish very slightly and.......it got worse, I lost any sign of ITV even channel Islands, they tried a different LNB which made no difference, they were talking about trying a Blueline Lnb but they didn't have one in the van. Ended up with my Sharp LNB back on, and tweaked to give a slightly pixelated BBC and ITV, but both are dead upto about 10am here and both go dead at about 7pm here.
So I guess thats the best I will get with my current set up.
Now I know this is off topic, but If I bought a Patched Technomate 1500 and moved my dish, would I get all the Spanish Digital + channels free with english soundtracks?

Thanks again for everyones help/advice.

cheers, Neil

hoppo

Reaction score
Buy yourslf an illusion M3 for about 120€, a 60cm dish and point it at 30W (hispasat). You'll probably see the small dishes pointing at the sat with the ViaSat logo on them in Murcia.
It looks nearly 180 degrees the other way to your Sky dish.
PM me if you have any trouble

Hoppo

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
hoppo said:
It looks nearly 180 degrees the other way to your Sky dish.
PM me if you have any trouble

Hoppo

That would put it pointing nearly North :-rofl2

Try nearly 60 degrees:D