Trouble receiving Astra 19.2 and Hotbird using Monobloc

tmontana

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate
My Location
UK
Hi people,

I am new to the satellite area and am currently having trouble in regards to receiving Astra 19.2 and Hotbird 13.0 using an Inverto Universal Monobloc LNB.

I am unable to receive signal from both satellites using the monobloc and was wondering if anybody could provide me with help as to where i am going wrong.

I am using a Technomate 1500 CI and was wondering whether i would have to change any settings within the satellite setup section?

If i move the dish about i can receive either Astra or Hotbird using the Monobloc LNB but am unable to receive both.

Could anybody please help?
Thank you

jphili

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Twin monoblock and twin LNB on 80cm transparant dish rigged for twin reception from HB Astra 1 and 2 + TopField TF 7700 HDPVR + TwinHan VisionDTV
My Location
BE
You should indeed change a setting in the satellite setup.
In DiSEqC Switching you should typically set:

Hotbird 13.0 as number 1
Astra 19.2 as number 2

Hotbird should be the prime focus of the dish and astra offset from it.
Note that in rare occasions you'll have to reverse the setting (13.0 as 2 and 19.2 as 1)

tesla

Reaction score
Website
www.bloka.com
My Satellite Setup
?
My Location
Lost in the night
You should check the specifications of yours monoblock. The label says the angle between the two LNBs (3 degrees, 6 degrees etc).

The distance between hotbird and astra1x is 6,2degrees. I'm not sure if it's going to work.

tmontana, you said that you are unable to receive. Didi you receive only hotbird? didi you receive only astra? did you receive nothing at all?

How exactly did you setup the dish (with the monoblock) and the receiver?

tmontana

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate
My Location
UK
With the dish angled towrads astra, i can pick up astra only and with the dish angled at hotbird, i can pick up hotbird only. I can only pick up one at a time but i have to move the dish to alternate.

Facing the dish, the right hand sided LNB picking up Astra.

tmontana

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate
My Location
UK
Oh yea, it is a 6 degree monobloc which i was told picks up both.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
On some monobloc LNBs the Astra LNB is port A, you'll need to check this. You should ideally line up 13 E as your main focus, check that you have it on the right hand LNB (looking towards the dish) by covering it and seeing if the signal goes.

Bbigfoot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 5400irc
80cm Dish
Invacom 0.3 LNB
ToH 3.3 5.7.

P4 Xp home
3.2 pro.
My Location
Tyne Wear
Hi tmontana,

Has your Monoblock got 2 arms, if yes gust switch to the other arm.
The signal does not come from the left for the left LNB.
The signal come across the dish bounces on the Left for the
right handed LNB.

BF...

mjamil

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
satellite
My Location
glasgow
hi if you fix the lift arm of monoblock with dish than serch first hotbird with attiach monoblock [check first witch mono side is on use to be lift side is on this sitting is from your reciever nld sitting changed a;b when your when your right side mono is on move you hand front of right side mono if singnal is broke now sreach hotbird] when you get signal fix every thing get best signal lock every thing now move mono block weebat up and first changed switch on ,b. move your hand front of mono block if the signal right side is on than move mono weebit up you find signal hope so you get find everything reciever is on astra 19. deg i thing you find every thing thanks!

tmontana

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate
My Location
UK
Hi

Ive attempted to set the dish to pick up Astra and Hotbird today but have still not been able to get both.

I was able to get Astra on both LNB 1 and 2, by moving the dish side to side, but was then not able to pick up Hotbird on the other. The right sided LNB is fitted in the Clamp.

I tried skewing the Astra LNB in the hope that i could get Hotbird but that was to no avail.

I now have switched Astra onto DiSEqC LNB 2, which is the left sided LNB facing the dish. But the signal on DiSEqC LNB 1, which is the right sided LNB facing the dish, is very low. When i attempt to view a channel on Hotbird i get the message "Bad or no signal".

Is it conceivable that the tilt(up/down) of the dish would allow me pick up Hotbird, as i only attempted to move the dish from side to side and did not adjust the tilt angle?

Also, i have an Inverto Monobloc and was unsure which LNB, left or right facing the dish, was meant for Astra and which was meant for Hotbird.

Thank you for your help as i am really struggling now!

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
As I said earlier, set the Hotbird side in the bracket (right hand side from behind the LNB looking towards the dish) as central focus. Adjust the dish for the best signal on Hotbird using azimuth and elevation adjustment of the dish. Then set the Astra side of the monobloc slightly higher and it should be set.

Bbigfoot

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax 5400irc
80cm Dish
Invacom 0.3 LNB
ToH 3.3 5.7.

P4 Xp home
3.2 pro.
My Location
Tyne Wear
Hi tmontana,

Your getting there with No Signal on Hotbird, switch to a Hotbird channel
(BBC World) then move your dish from side to side till you Blue Line with
the best Signal.
Then if No Astra, you have the Monoblock on the wrong Arm.

BF...

Park Royal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Smart lnb, 1m Gibby dish, Stab motor, TM5200D receiver, 57east to 61west. DTT from Sudbury. Virgin Media broadband.
My Location
So called capital of Suffolk, UK.
A couple of pics, which I have posted here before, of the set up that I did for my daughter in essex.
Dish focused on 13east.
Parky