trouble with connection/adapter for receiver

larn

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
small satellite dish (just moved into new flat so i have no idea if the satellite is even set up properly) and Humax PVR-9300T

macbook pro - OS: mountain lion
My Location
Northampton UK
Hi

I just moved into a new flat, I noticed there is a small satellite dish and there are 2 coaxial cables running through the wall. I decided to buy a satellite receiver and see if it worked. I got a humax PVR-9300T the cables were not long enough to reach the receiver so i bought an extension.

First of all, why is there is 2 cables? i'm guessing this is for having 2 setups?

The extension cable has a screw connector on the end, but the humax has a push on connection, so i decided to buy an adapter (f-screw to push on) but i can't push it on, the circumference of the adapter is too small for the humax input.

Now that i'm thinking about it, i should have just bought a normal adapter and fitted it to the cable myself, but which adapter is it that i need because i am somewhat confused about this now.

thanks for your help.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
The problem is that you have bought a Humax PVR-9300T which is a Freeview receiver for Terrestrial signals and you are trying to connect a freesat coax cable to it but you will receive nothing with that set up, you need a Freesat receiver for satellite dish reception and BTW the second feed is so that you can record a second channel whilst watching another

PaulR

Dazed and Confused Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-----------See sig-----------
My Location
Wirral, NW UK and Vaucluse, France.
Yes, connect the 9300T to a normal TV aerial, do a search for channels (they may be different) and you should get some channels. If it's a block of flats there may be a TV aerial socket on the wall somewhere fed from a communal aerial on the roof.

Lazarus

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Motorised.
Several small Dishes.
Much else.
My Location
North York Moors
Yup. Wrong box!

Whoops ...........