Trying to get satellite upstairs...

blackninja

Reaction score
I'm thinking of moving my Smart Receiver upstairs, whilst keeping the Sky Digibox downstairs. I've already got both set up with one of those Global smart priority switches (and a Diseqc Switch at the other end) with the Smart receiver as the master, and I was going to just extend the coax cable to the Smart. However with the house setup this would involve drilling holes between wires and threading the cable through walls - neither of which I'm any good at.

A few years back the guy who installed Sky set it up so that I could get Sky upstairs by plugging the upstairs outside aerial cable into the upstairs TV i.e. so that whatever channel was showing on the digibox at the time I could get upstairs. Is there a way I could convert this outside aerial cable into a coax and plug it into my Smart receiver, so that it would work upstairs?

BTW with the current setup I have to unplug the Smart receiver from the mains to get a signal on the Sky digibox (using the Global priority switch) - which is a bit of a pain. Is there a way I could get a signal on the digibox just by putting the master receiver on standby?