Trying to set up Dual LNB for astra1 & Astra2 on same dish

Clinton

Reaction score
Evening all, Hope you can help me.
Location 53'26 n 8.27w, I have a Triax78td Dish, Two universal LNB, and a Triax Flexi Block. I need to know how to ste the flexi block to receive Astra 1 and Astra 2 sats on the same dish, What degree's apart should the lnb's be? any help much appreciated.

Thank you
Clinton

gameboy

Ding Dang Doo
Reaction score
Website
www.gamezplay.org
My Satellite Setup
DreamBox 7000s - Nokia Freeview - Several GameBoys - DS Lite - ZX81 - SNES - N64 - Saturn - Dreamcast - PlayStation - PS2 - Gamecube - PSP - iPod - iPhone - XBox - PS3 - Wii - iPad - No Life!
My Location
Scotland
When you say Astra 1 is that Astra 1 at 19.2 or 24.2?

At 19.2 Astra has both 1B, 1C, 1E, 1H and 2C.

Astra 2A, 2B and 2D are at 28.2

Astra 1D is at 24.2

pocster2

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Humax CI-5100, 80cm 19.2e/13e/7e, 100cm 1w, 150cm 7w, 240cm on order.
My Location
Northwest UK
Sorry but i have no experience of Triax flexi block. From experience when setting up a 2 feed on a single dish I would align the dish on the weaker of the two satellites, ie: Astra 1 at 19.2 deg E. Once you have that up and running then you start to play with the second LNB, making sure you dont move the dish!

If you are facing the front of the dish and it is aligned on 19.2 deg E then the Astra 2 sat will be coming from over your right shoulder, it will bounce off the dish and appear on the left side of the centre fed Lnb. If you are using fairly standard Lnb's with 40 mm collars then there wont be more than a cm or two of seperation between them. Without a meter, it is going to be trial and error mate. Best of luck!

Experimentation gives a greater sense of pleasure when the desired result is achieved!

Clinton

Reaction score
Thanks pocster,
I have a meter and I thought that is what I would have to do, Its just on the documentation that came with the flexi block showed all the different settings for hotbird and astra1 if you live in paris or berlin but no settings for astra1 and astra2 if you live in the UK or the west of Ireland, typical, I will try and get these both in as you suggested astra1 firdt and then play with astra2, when I do get them right I will post the settings. Thanks for your help. pocster.

Also Gameboy, thank you , its the old astra1 at 19,.2 and the new astra2 at 28.5 all the usual combinations.

Clinton

Reaction score
Ok Heres the settings using the Triax Dual Flexi block, A9(astra1) B11(Astra2) C+2, Two universal LNB's 40mm collars,78cm Triax td Dish. Location As above.

If you have one of these blocks, its fairly straight forward if you can get one sat in line, the other one come in fairly good as well and just a little fine tuning to get it perfect, I also found the satalites at 160' SE, and the about 26' asumith

I am using This system for Sky(ASTRA2) and for Internet Satalite Broadband(ASTRA1),