trying to setup motorised dish

teide_ian

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Home-Amstrad Sky Digi-box on 60cm dish. Bar - Pace Sky English Digi-box and Grundig Sky Eire Digi-box linked to a 2.4m Channel master dish with a single dual output LNB. Digibox for ART network on 90cm dish. Digibox for Digitalalb subscription. Di
My Location
Canary Islands
Hi,
I am trying to setup a motorised dish, i have put in the longitude and latitude figures and setup to due south which satellite i have tuned into 7W Nilesat. I have then sent the motor back to 0 degrees then back to 7W and altered accordingly.
But when i send it to look for say 28.2 the motor is either going back to 0 or opposite direction any ideas why.
Thanks.

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
teide_ian said:
Hi,
I am trying to setup a motorised dish, i have put in the longitude and latitude figures and setup to due south which satellite i have tuned into 7W Nilesat. I have then sent the motor back to 0 degrees then back to 7W and altered accordingly.
But when i send it to look for say 28.2 the motor is either going back to 0 or opposite direction any ideas why.
Thanks.

Check limits.

Haven't installed a motor dish in Canaries but assuming you have a decent size dish, I would say 15W was a better ref satellite to set up on :)

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
teide_ian said:
Hi,
Thanks.

Please clarify dish size and motor type, and if using USALS or not.:)

Long and lat are only necessary for USALS through Diseqc1.2.

teide_ian

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Home-Amstrad Sky Digi-box on 60cm dish. Bar - Pace Sky English Digi-box and Grundig Sky Eire Digi-box linked to a 2.4m Channel master dish with a single dual output LNB. Digibox for ART network on 90cm dish. Digibox for Digitalalb subscription. Di
My Location
Canary Islands
The dish is 1 metre and the motor is a mot-sat3 with diseqc 1.2 i also setup the longitude as 16.35 west and latitude 28.07 north. I have entered these in the gotox section in the dreambox 500s.
Thanks for replies.

Robbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
Website
www.mbcsatellites.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
TM6800HD, TM1000, TM600 Linux,TM2200 motor, Channel Master 1.2m motorised, TD110 dish Meter=Satlook Micro+G2 NIT
My Location
Gravesend,Kent,UK
The only thing I can think of is maybe you have put the longitude in wrong eg positive instead of negative, as I've no experience how well the gotoX function works on the Dreambox, it may be image dependent.

You could always try it without the gotoX, just use Diseqc1.2 alone and store the positions manually.

Robbo:)