Trying (very trying) to connect FREE SAT to TV - HELP !

estupendo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Just the basic Sky - now exploring other ideas
My Location
Sussex
Hello. I have a TV in the spare room and there is a FreeView aerial socket and all works fine. I now wish to connect up the Satellite Dish to the TV. I use the Sat dish for the main TV. I have a Quad connection at the dish.
The satellite cabling has been installed well and have no doubts. However when I try to get a signal there is nothing just the initial screen from the FreeSat box showing no signal at all.

The hardware is a VISTRON LTM-2271E Television which shows FreeView fine.
The digital receiver is a Bush Freesat SD box BFSAT02SD and the opening first time installation screen does appear on the TV screen but shows no signal strength.

I changed the connection at the satellite dish to the main TV connector just in case but no difference.

Why is the signal not showing on the TV ? Is the only reason the cabling ?

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Make sure the F connector is on properly, with no copper braid touching the centre core. Are you sure that the dish is actually aligned on Astra 28.2 and not on another satellite?

Captain Jack

Burnt out human
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
North Somerset
Is your dish aligned OK? First thing to check really...

estupendo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Just the basic Sky - now exploring other ideas
My Location
Sussex
Thanks for the replies so swiftly.
After posting I thought it would be a good idea to check the spare room TV and FreeSat box in the main room so plugged it all in and lo and behold the signal strength was showing at about 80% so the dish is aligned ok.
So it would now appear that the cabling is at fault to the spare room. The F connectors and all cabling was done professionally when I had the TV Freeview aerial upgraded so looks like the same people will have to return to sort this out.
I may double check the connectors though before phoning bt they were left after the engineer left .....it's a pity that I did not have a FreeSat box to check it was working at that time.

But surely he would have tested on his own machine ??