Tu-bs30&astra2d

barney

Reaction score
HI,
I HAVE A 3 MT DISH, PANASONIC 30 AND LNB MTI APTW 0.6.
I CANT GET ASTRA 2D IN CENTRAL ITALY.
WHEN I TRY TO GET THE TRASPONDER FROM ASTRA 2D IN "MANUAL TUNING" I HAVE FOR 2 SECOND THE BAR OF SIGNAL QUALITY AT 90% AND AFTER "NO SIGNAL".
CAN THE FILTER FOR PANASONIC BOX HELP ME?,
WHY THE SIGNAL DROP OUT?
THANK FOR THE REPLY
:(

O

Old Fred

barney said:
HI,
I HAVE A 3 MT DISH, PANASONIC 30 AND LNB MTI APTW 0.6.
I CANT GET ASTRA 2D IN CENTRAL ITALY.
CAN THE FILTER FOR PANASONIC BOX HELP ME?,
WHY THE SIGNAL DROP OUT?
THANK FOR THE REPLY
:(
The 2D signal is extremely weak in central Italy. I've seen a discussion about the Panasonic Filter but my understanding was that the Panasonic does not need it with an MTI LNB.

So I think it's a matter of aligning your dish accurately and setting the LNB focal position and the LNB "skew" (twist position).

Fred

barney

Reaction score
Old Fred said:
The 2D signal is extremely weak in central Italy. I've seen a discussion about the Panasonic Filter but my understanding was that the Panasonic does not need it with an MTI LNB.

So I think it's a matter of aligning your dish accurately and setting the LNB focal position and the LNB "skew" (twist position).

Fred
I think so fred. Infact this morning if a choise to se the H polarization of the 2a north beam the lnb had a postion. If i move it of just a little i can see the V polarizzation and lose the Horizzontal. i had finally see that the signal of north beam(30% of quality bar) is there but it very difficult to pick up toghether.
For astra 2d never see. is most difficult and today is 35 degres.
Ciao

O

Old Fred

barney said:
I think so fred. In fact this morning if I chose to set the H polarization of the 2a north beam the lnb had a position. If i move it off just a little I can see the V polarization and lose the Horizontal.
Maybe the answer is to use a C120 LNB with a magnetic polariser and adjust the polariser (by hand) for each transponder?

Fred

barney

Reaction score
Old Fred said:
Maybe the answer is to use a C120 LNB with a magnetic polariser and adjust the polariser (by hand) for each transponder?

Fred

:-righton
i now. The problem is that after i have need of my ECHOSTAR 8700 for choose the polarity and the low/high band.Before to do this, im testing if is possible dont change the actaul lnb (MTI 0.6). What you think , is possible to get 2d with lnb/magneti polarizer sistem?
Ciao