Turksat...42East...

fennellal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Trax dish, 2 Quad lnbs on Astra 19 & 28 East, Triple Dragon, Sky Master , Titian and Smart Maximus plus Digital Decoders & 35cm Dish pointing on 5 West Atlanticbird.
My Location
Germany
Hi Guys,
I have a stationary 80cm dish with 28 East as my main lnb and beside it ihave 19East, I have a spare lnbs of which I would like to get Turksat @ 42 East, Can anyone tell me if this is possable without having to mess up the other two lnbs as I know 42 East is much lower than the other two in orbit. I have tried to find pictures of a simular setup so I would find my bearings before I start but also I have had no luck. If someone could help me with a picture of details I would be most greatful.

Regards:
Alan.

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
You will almost certainly have to put another dish up to get 42E.

fennellal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
80cm Trax dish, 2 Quad lnbs on Astra 19 & 28 East, Triple Dragon, Sky Master , Titian and Smart Maximus plus Digital Decoders & 35cm Dish pointing on 5 West Atlanticbird.
My Location
Germany
Thats great, Thanks for the info M8, it will save me a lot of time knowing that.:-doh2Ill just buy a motor for the dish all together.

fennellal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Germany
I have set up 42e (Turksat) on a 80cm dish I am receiving the likes of TNT TV8 and a lot of other channels etc all over 74% signal, But i am missing most of the south beam still, will this come by turning the lnb or am I not doing something right?

Any help wold be much appreciated.

By the way I hope we will not lose TNT when this satellite is replaced in a couple of weeks time.

p

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm gregorian
5way zone2
My Location
Rainham, essex
can see why not, the footprint for 42e is pretty much the same for ger and uk, and mines focused on pretty much 19e

tho im not sure what 42e channels i get, just done a rescan, 73 channels found, tv8 at 70% on my technomate

Attachments

• 5 sats on zone2.JPG
    5 sats on zone2.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 71

fennellal

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Germany
p said:
can see why not, the footprint for 42e is pretty much the same for ger and uk, and mines focused on pretty much 19e

tho im not sure what 42e channels i get, just done a rescan, 73 channels found, tv8 at 70% on my technomate

Fantastic looking system you got there, thanks for the info , yeah im getting the 70 or so FTA channels, but there is a lot more to be got from this location using a big dish but i dont seem to be receiving anything from the S1 beam of 42e.

By the way I seen your system picture before, and I use it as a referance when ever i am experimenting on my dishes......:)

satelliteman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
See signature
My Location
Northants, Midlands UK & Lanzarote, Canary Islands
There's more than 73 receivable channels from the UK from 42e , still either way that's not bad :D

@ fennellal: You mentioned south beam. There's an East, West and S1 beam. You will not receive nothing from the East beam from UK. :)