2 Dreamboxes..........
---------------------------------------------
--- DM 8000 HD PVR & DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 & Triax 80cm Dual LNB
------ Fixed Dish 28e Quad LNB -------
---- Sly HD Full & 24" Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
Here is how to use the new white sly uk card ( CAID 0963 ) in your Dreambox.

You have several options available to use this card as listed below, I will expand on each option.
Before we go any further, you may now be aware of the term 'boxkey'. No matter what method you use if you wish to open any premium content, Sports, Movies, HD for example, you're gonna need a boxkey to enter into your config file. This is created by converting the sly box serial number to hexidecimal. Take the serial number from the hidden engineers menu and if its less than 11 numbers then insert a 0 to make it up to 11 numbers. If its only 9 numbers then insert two zeros.

For example , your serial number might be 1202275834
So thats 10 numbers, so insert a 0 making it 01202275834, 11 numbers.
Now convert that to hexidecimal, 072A86FF. That is your boxkey. This is specific to your sly box, and therefore specific to your card. You need the box to get the serial number, there is no other way to get it !
Beware of using Windows Calculator as you cannot insert the leading zero and therefore it will calculate it wrong !

Inserting the boxkey into NewCS is different to the way its inserted into CCcam.
In NewCS it has no spaces, for example :-
<boxkey>072A86FF</boxkey>

In CCcam you specify the reader first then the boxkey and it has a space after each byte, for example :-
BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 07 2A 86 FF

Available Options to use the card.

1. Internal Dreambox Reader.
  2. Smargo Smartreader+
  3. Omnikey 3121
The software you must use differs slightly depending on your reader choice.

Using the internal reader you have the following options to run the card.

1. CCcam 2.1.3 will run the card perfectly and it will update the entitlements without any further intervention. Reports differ on how hot the card gets but there are NO reports at all of anyone burning the card.
  2. NewCS 1.67 RC1 will host the card very well. However, if you use CCcam to connect to the NewCS server, it will NOT update the card. In order to update the card you must have at least one client connected using MGCamd. That can be the same box, or another one.
Use the smargo reader

1. CCcam 2.1.3 will run the card perfectly and it will update the entitlements without any further intervention.
  2. NewCS 1.67 RC1 will host the card very well. However, if you use CCcam to connect to the NewCS server, it will NOT update the card. In order to update the card you must have at least one client connected using MGCamd. That can be the same box, or another one. Be sure to use the correct binary file which has USB support when using the Smargo reader. If you install NewCS 1.67 from your Dreambox addons panel, its very likely the Omnikey reader will NOT work with that version. From the official NewCS release zip file, the file you need for the Dreambox is called newcs.ppc.usb for enigma1 boxes or newcs.mips.usb for enigma2 boxes. You'll need to install this manually and rename it or edit any cam scripts to suite.
Use the Omnikey Reader

1. NewCS is the only available option when using this reader as CCcam does not support PCSC type readers. NewCS 1.67 RC1 will host the card perfectly well. However, if you use CCcam to connect to the NewCS server, it will NOT update the card. In order to update the card you must have at least one client connected using MGCamd. That can be the same box, or another one. Be sure to use the correct binary file which has PCSC support when using the Omnikey reader. If you install NewCS 1.67 from your Dreambox addons panel, its very likely the Omnikey reader will NOT work with that version. From the official NewCS release zip file, the file you need for the Dreambox is called newcs.ppc.pcsc for enigma1 boxes or newcs.mips.pcsc for enigma2 boxes. You'll need to install this manually and rename it or edit any cam scripts to suite. Lastly, don't forget to install the PCSC drivers to your Dreambox before attempting to use an Omnikey reader. You can find a tutorial on this in the Dreambox General section.
The pro's and cons for each method are limited.

1. Some do not like to use internal readers simply because the ambient temperature is very high.
  2. The omnikey reader performs very very well in NewCS with this card giving very low ecm response times.
  3. CCcam is preferred by many due to its config file capabilites allowing you to setup shares much better.

Common Problems

1. Freezing or Glitchy picture. This can be caused when running the card in NewCS when Global Access EMM's are not blocked. Make sure you set the blockGA parameter to YES. A slow ECM time in excess of 0.400 seconds will also contribute to this problem although we have no real proof of what actually causes a slow response time when using a local card. Comments on this please ?
  2. Entitlements Not Updating. As mentioned, if you use NewCS you must have at least one client connected using MGCamd and using the AU parameter = 1 in the mf.cfg config file. This will allow MGCamd to update the entitlements.
  3. Entitlements in NewCS not showing at all. Your card has not been updated and the entitlements date has past. If you can , put it back in the original sly box and put it on channel 106 ( sly1 ). Leave it on until it comes alive, it may take upto 48 hours !!! If you do not have the original box setup an MGCamd client and try it that way. At the moment this method is not confirmed working.
  4. NewCS shows the wrong or no CAID. This is most likely the boxkey is wrong. Ensure you have generated the correct boxkey using the serial number from your original sly box.

Config File Locations

Shown below is the files you need to use for each configuration. Notice some differences between E1 and E2 boxes.

CCcam 2.1.3 - Install it from the blue panel - Host & Client
CCcam.cfg - /etc ( E2 boxes )
CCcam.cfg - /var/etc ( E1 boxes )

NewCS 1.67RC1 & MGCamd 1.31 - Host & Client
newcs.xml - /var/tuxbox/config( All boxes )
mg.cfg - /var/keys ( All boxes )
newcamd.list - /var/keys ( All boxes )

NewCS 1.67 & CCcam 2.x.x
I strongly recommend NOT using this configuartion at the moment as you will have trouble with the card entitlements running out and you'll have to reinstate the card is some other way.

Installing NewCS manually ( pcsc or usb supported binary )
newcs.mips.pcsc - /usr/bin ( E2 boxes )
newcs.ppc.pcsc /var/bin ( E1 boxes ) I think ?

This tutorial may develop quite a bit yet and so while it covers the basics and hopefully let's people see how it's done the thread will stay very short indeed but open for response for the time being. If there's something constructive you'd like to add please do so and I'll edit it in. Please do not use this thread to ask questions. This was written to be a sticky and will not replace the very long existing thread we have on this topic, eventually this thread will be closed and very likely have its responses deleted. For now, please feel free to add your findings.
Thanks...

Llew

cerca trova...
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Triple Dragon, Dreambox 8000, Echostar AD3000ip, TBS6522,6925,6983 PCie cards.
Gibertini 1.25m motorised dish driven by the AD3000, with either Inverto BU Quad or Norsat / XMW Ka LNBs . SMW 1.05m + 3 other dishes. Speccy: Promax HD Ranger+
My Location
The Flatlands of East Anglia
Nice work BM. Will give it a go in the internal reader, never got round to using the new card in the box with any success yet.
Cheers.

hashman99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD
DM 800
all hooked to a WaveFrontier T90!
9E, 13E, 19E &amp; 28E... hoping to go down to 0.9W ;)
My Location
uk
excellent post
i use the cccam 2.1.3 with internal reader in my dm500 to host
too bad it doesn't have a usb port otherwise i could stick my smargo in it
anyhows, i have a laptop fan running under it and it doesn't heat up one bit, don't want to risk turning the fan off incase....

dogsballs

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
noob
My Location
ireland
although i havnt as yet got into this i read all your tuts bigmcc and can follow them with ease.
am thinking your really missing your calling in life am thinking of all those for dummies books

totalacedude

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Edit. 5620 several 500,'s (clones) vu duo blackhole pc server 95cms motorised dish blah blahh
My Location
crewe
Many thanks for this! :)

has cleared up alot of things that i was unsure about ...

tar very much :)

compufunk

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM 600-S, VU+ Duo,
Moteck SG2100, Fracarro Penta 85 dish, LG LH3000 42&quot; TV + some computers
My Location
NW, Ireland
Nice roundup of the facts so far B16MCC, thanks. :)
zoro25 said:
You should download the firefox add-in "reload every" and load up the cccam info or cccam.php pages and put the reload time to about 2 seconds. Check the webpages for when the glitches happen. (please note that you will not normally see the glitch on your local box) meaning if you are the one sharing the 0963 card it will be your clients who usually glitch.
You will see the channel they are watching on the cccaminfo webpage or the cccam.phpinfo page disappear for a short while if they get a glitch.
Not sure what you mean here Zoro. If you are using CCcamInfoPHP, you can refresh all you like. The page wont change till you hit the 'update' button (Which you dont want to do to often because this itself will cause freezes).

If you are looking at the CCcam web interface, under 'active clients' you'll see either 'yes' or 'no' alongside the CAID+PID under 'Last used share' which indicates whether or not the last request to your server was sucessfull or not. This is how I understand it.

jsimo01

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox DM800 HD - Sky HD Subscription, Technotrend S2-3200 PCI card.
My Location
East Anglia
Is there any reason when using NewCS 1.67 & CCcam 2.1.3 that you cannot swap the card from an omnikey reader to the internal slot for the updates? It worked fine for me, just updated the entitlements last night for next 6 weeks and popped it back in the omnikey this morning.

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
--- DM 8000 HD PVR &amp; DM 800 HD ---
Motek SG2100 &amp; Triax 80cm Dual LNB
---- Sly HD Full &amp; 24&quot; Apple iMAC ----
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
yes ofcourse thats fine. Just one thing I can think of there. If you are sharing it from NewCS then it will be offline to your peers for the time it takes to update.

Oily

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Satellite=Motorized Triax 88cm&amp;a DM800HD with 500gb hd.Vu+ Duo
My Location
Radcliffe
I'm using 2.1.3 and the white card is showing some signs of burning,there is a bit of a scorch mark on the chip,now i flip between the Dm&Sly box so i can't be 100% sure which box is doing it ?

hashman99

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
SKY HD
DM 800
all hooked to a WaveFrontier T90!
9E, 13E, 19E &amp; 28E... hoping to go down to 0.9W ;)
My Location
uk
interesting Oily, care to put up some pictures so that we can compare with our cards
mine has been running for around 3 weeks only in the dm500 internal reader and one in the dm800 internal reader

skydreamer

Frequent flyer
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DB8000HD, 90 mm cooling fan, 2TB Seagate LP HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Smart Twin Titanium 0.2dB, Stab HH120 USALS 45E-45W, Triax 120, SkyStar II HD
My Location
Windy &amp; Wet Atlantic Coast
I found the card temperature staying very low in the internal reader of DM8000 when using a large slow rotating fan installed right above the power supply. It creates enough draft in the card slot and keeps the system temperature at or below 30C even with the HDD running.

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello,
has someone ever measured the supply voltage at the sky box card reader to comfirm this is for sure 5 v dc?
if this box has always been 5 volts than its is unlikly that sky sent a software out to make it run at 3.3 v dc.

i dont know the pin out on the reader but there should be supply voltage,ground, clock input, and data out.
if the supply on the sky box is the same as the dream box 5 v dc then there may be a heat problem with the dream box as b16mcc was saying

small fan like on computers would fix it
ralph

or ps a small ziner regulator diode soldered to the 5 v supply pin of the card reader would regulate the 5 v dc to 3 or 3.3v depending on the value
of the diode
ralph

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
yes its been tested at 5vDC.

ralphmagno

Reaction score
My Location
naples italy
hello dmcc16
thanks for the info.
i went over to a friend and looked at her old blue card tha was in the pace and the old blue card was cooked.
it looked discolored as well.
the pace sky box must run at 5 v as well.
the card was in 24/7 for about 4 to 5 years.
i think all sky as well as others produce 5 v to run the card.
ralph

B16MCC

Dreambox Gimp & Coder
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
2 Dreamboxes..........
My Location
/var/tuxbox/config
they do mate. There's no question about it.

gaultier

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
dm8000
My Location
england
B16MCC said:
For example , your serial number might be 1202275834
So thats 10 numbers, so insert a 0 making it 01202275834, 11 numbers.
Now convert that to hexidecimal, 072A86FF. That is your boxkey. This is specific to your sly box, and therefore specific to your card. You need the box to get the serial number, there is no other way to get it !
Beware of using Windows Calculator as you cannot insert the leading zero and therefore it will calculate it wrong !

I don't understand this bit. First off with any numbers, leading 0's should not make a difference, also 072A86FF is not 01202275834 decimal, but it's 120227583, so do you just use the first 10 digits????

anniman

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
db500s
My Location
scotland
i cant get it it to work. maybe i'm doing something wrong. i can get sky1 but not movies. just black screen. the box key is ********** which converts to ****** yes. i then stick it in var/etc/cccam ver 2.1.3. i also try the cccam create program incase i put it in the wrong file but still the same

andel

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800, DM600, Technomate Diseqc Motor, 90cm Dish
Panasonic 42&quot; Plasma 1080p
Pioneer VSX-LX70 Amp
Sky HD
B &amp; W 5.1 Speaker Setup
Popcornhour Media center
Xbox 360
My Location
Watching T.V in the UK
If you can get Sly 1 but not the movies its definately your box key is wrong. Also I wouldn't post your box key on here mate!

jjb

Reaction score
Silly question, but do I need the boxkey for the basic channels, i.e Five USA ect?

WildBit

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
-DM800 fixed on 28.2-quad
-DM7020 motorized
-Skystar HD2 motorized
-Cards&amp;Cams&amp;Cas
My Location
Ireland
I think the boxkey is needed for all encrypted channels

Status
Not open for further replies.