Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
'O'-red

does anyone else find charity adverts on tv insanely annoying? 'O'-red The "splitverts" are bad enough half at the beginning of the advert break, with a reprise at the end,

but the cherry on the cake is the amounts of money they are asking for. - Its been steadily increasing over the last 6 months. To begin with it was 1 or 2 quid a month. That shot up to a fiver for most of them, and Ive seen one asking for 7 quid this weekend.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Analoguesat said:
but the cherry on the cake is the amounts of money they are asking for. - Its been steadily increasing over the last 6 months. To begin with it was 1 or 2 quid a month. That shot up to a fiver for most of them, and Ive seen one asking for 7 quid this weekend.
The execs must be after upgrading their company cars..... Oh now I've started something no doubt someone will post back telling me they don't get company cars ({})

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes agreed, they are a pain, I give what I want, when I want, they can ask as much as they like. :)

Marts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90 cm dish + two LNB 13/19 E
90 cm dish + one LNB 30 W
Humax 5400 .. Oh and cable for Mrs Marts (smilie here)
My Location
Gozo - Malta
Being run like a business. Financial forcasting. Worst still is when one visits a UK cathedral only to be confronted with a sign suggesting 7 quid as a reasonable contribution to enter ... the house of God :mad:

jimbo

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Sky HD, TM6800HD, Manhattan Plaza ST550 and TM1500 CI+. 1.0m dish and 36v motor, Panasonic DVD HDD recorder and Panasonic video/DVD recorder. Sony G800 HD TV stand/surround system + Sony KDL40W2000. Infinity USB, Elvis, CAS1, CAS2.
My Location
Greater London
I get requests through the post as well. Asking for a minimum donation and to sign a covenent.

Marts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gozo - Malta
jimbo said:
I get requests through the post as well. Asking for a minimum donation and to sign a covenent.

Nah ... you a Mason :D

John T

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
60cm dish, dual LNB, Topfield TF5010PVR
My Location
North Staffordshire England
My home town is Wells, Somerset. When, rarely these days, I go home I like to pop into the cathedral, but always refuse to pay an admission fee. Didn't some Christian throw money changers out of a religious house? 'O'-red

Marts

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Gozo - Malta
John T said:
My home town is Wells, Somerset. When, rarely these days, I go home I like to pop into the cathedral, but always refuse to pay an admission fee. Didn't some Christian throw money changers out of a religious house? 'O'-red

Salisbury cathedral is the one which is hell bent on promoting rip orf Britain :mad:

If St Peters Rome did as Salisbury does ... OUCH :D