TV Guide not working

PRINCE

Reaction score
My Location
uh::
Hi,

I recently got myself a second hand Grundig to watch BBC. lately if I press the TV guide and select the channel I want to watch, a message appear saying "No furter information is available".The only way I could watch the BBC channels is by going to the other Channel menu. Does anyone know how I could solve this problem.BTW I have tried forced download, switching off and on but these hasn't solve the problem.

Regards

Prince

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The Grundigs are having real problems with this new software, what has been found to work on occasions is to remove the card, switch off at the mains, switch back on and then insert the card. Follow that by going to the new installation menu, services, 4, 01select, new installation, disconnect the phone line and let it search for listings.

Not guaranteed, but worth a try, if not it may work better when the new cards are issued.

PRINCE

Reaction score
My Location
Hi,

Thanks!I would try your suggestion.

Regards

Prince

PRINCE

Reaction score
My Location
Hi,

I was going to try your suggestion, but couldn't find the new installation menu. When I press service, some sub menu came including setup, I then select this option and another submenu appeared including add new channel is this the new installation you refering to or is there another one, if so can you please give me the instruction for accessing this option.I have tried the first instruction you gave and couldn't find the new installation .

Regards

Prince

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Should be able to access it by my instructions, Services, system setup, then press 0 1 and select, one after another, this should then put you in the installers menu.

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
the "Secret" installer menu is what you need.
Do exactly this (Rolf already said this, but maybe it wasn't clear enough?):
press "Services" button
press 4
press 0 (yes, there is no zero option visible... but do it anyway)
press 1
press select button.
Lo and behold, an installer menu appears, where you can select a new installation (it rescans the transponders and reconstructs the EPG/channel-list).

You could also try a forced software upgrade:

1. unplug digibox (disconnect main power)
2. while pressing and holding the backup button on the digibox itself, plug the power back in.
3. After a few seconds all the LEDs on the front of the digibox should light up. This indicates that a software upgrade is starting. If your digibox is connected by SCART to your TV, you'll now see a message that the software upgrade is in progress and will take about 10 minutes.
4. After upgrade has finished the box is placed in standby. Switch it on and see if the problem is solved.

2old

PRINCE

Reaction score
My Location
Hi,

Thanks ! I should be able to do it now with your clear instruction.

Regards

Prince

PRINCE

Reaction score
My Location
Hi,

Thanks Rolf and 2old for your help,reinstallation solved the problem.

Regards

Prince

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
every time I come across an otherwise intractible problem solved by the simple expedient of regenerating the EPG or refreshing the software, I'm struck by Sky's sheer cloth-eared outtolunchness in attempting to hide these simple procedures from the user.

It's as if you'd bought a car and the manufacturer pretended there was no bonnet catch.

2old

PRINCE

Reaction score
My Location
Hi,

That is part of the reason I am resisting the temptation to subscribe to Sky, they always want you to pay over the odds for what youn need and don't need.

Regards

Prince