TV Listings Retriever

damhy

Reaction score
My Location
Kent
I have started developing an application to retrieve the TV listings for some channels.

To see what it is compatible with please visit the web page at http://www.mdmultimedia.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/tvguide or download the software and try it out.

The program cross checks the titles of the films with the resources sites to attempt to find the original title of the film. It is a bit slow since it has to make many downloads in order to complete a retrieval, particularily for the listings for the 30°W channels.

The program is written in java and I have provided an easier to use exe version for people unfamiliar with Java. If you dont know much about java and you are using windows then please use the with exe launcher version below. However you will still require the J2RE software as explained below.

J2RE can be downloaded from http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/download.html it is around 15Mb in size. Once installed in windows you should be able to run the application by simply unzipping TVGuide.zip and then double clicking TVGuide.exe, which should launch the program.

Please let me know what you think and give me some suggestions to update it. I am already working on cross referencing the film titles with the internet movie database site so that you could find out information on the films, rather than just knowing their titles. I also have plans to add the french channels from 13E and Channels on 1W.

Enjoy

damhy

Reaction score
My Location
Kent
If anyone is bored feel free to add other channels to the .dat file. The format is:

Channel Name, Protocol(TV1000A/B,ONO,SBS), Link

The automatic replacements are:

%d day of week
%m month of year
%y year

all in numerical form. This is so that in future versions it can try and retrieve the whole weeks listings!

damhy

Reaction score
My Location
Kent
TPS protocol added, so now TPS and multivision channels can be checked.

damhy

Reaction score
My Location
Kent
I have added 1W support for most channels.
and fixed a bug with the Multivision listings