TV Listings Retriever

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Hi Damien, I combined your two threads into one. Have downloaded the zip file, but there appears to be no app, only class and data files.

damhy

Reaction score
My Location
Kent
As far as I can tell the zip file contains the correct files.

linkdata.dat
and
TVGuide.jar

the latter being the actual application, at the moment simply unzipping the two files into the same directory and if you havent got winrar or something attempting to un-jar the jar file it should execute using javaw when you double click providing J2RE is installed.

However I will just upload to the other thread a version with a launcher that I just downloaded although it is only a demo it will allow windows users to hopefully run the app easily. As I mentioned only 100 you still need to have J2RE installed.

Damien

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
Yes it launches with the launcher, but all that happened before was that it opened a winrar window.

damhy

Reaction score
My Location
Kent
That's my fault, i forget that people dont have their systems set up in the same why that I do. But I take it everything works well now with the launcher.

What do you think?

rolfw

Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
My Location
Berkshire
Yes, works well, thought I had the runtime installed, but I had to format a while ago and didn't replace it. The Sky italia channels would be very useful, also the Conax on 1W. :)

damhy

Reaction score
My Location
Kent
Now I have got your positive feedback I hame more emphusiasm, I was starting to lose momentum.

Anyway I have just put a progress bar in, but I wont upload it until I have got the HTML exporting finished, since I think that it would be useful.

You mention adding some other channels, do you know of any websites that have the listing information on them so that I can go and develope the new protocols to deal with them.

I also want to add TPS/Multivision however the site tps.fr is a bit useless since it doesnt let you know if the film is in original language or not, so if anyone reading this knows of a site that does provide a better french TV channel listing, then please let me know.

Thanks