TV Mesenger

gumboe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Standard Sky setup with Thomson DSI4101
Is it possible / ok to use one of these between a digibox and a tv? Does anyone know if it will mess around with the RGB coming out of sat box and going into tv?

BTW - it's a caller id box to display the phone number of callers on your tv.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Which one are you actually trying to blow up????
Surely a caller ID unit is meant for telephone lines????

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ah just reread your post sorry it's the ultimate couch potato accessory for people who do not have DECT phones. But what happens if you want to answer the phone if you recognise the number? Suppose it could be useful as a screening device if you are bedridden. As to if and how I'm sorry do not know this device who makes them???? What type are the connectors???

gumboe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
LOL

I do have a cordless dect phone, but I must be one lazy couch potato, can't be bothered to get up and look at the callerid on the phone, other problem is the missus keeps losing the phone somewhere new each time.

Using this gizmo I'll be able to see who's calling and then decide whether to look for the phone.

The url for the gizmo is http://www.premierdirect.co.uk/tvmess.htm

Sounds like this is what I want - but I don't want it to muck up my picture quality if it doesn't handle RGB passthru or whatever it's called.

Topper

Amo Amas Amant Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Has gone to a good home elsewhere
My Location
Blackburn, Lancashire
Looks Ok gumboe but the link sadly lacking in the technical department. Note it fits between TV and Video. At least there is a recommendation on the site. I am sure what video must have tested it. No good for me though I do not have DECT phones but I do have the facility to programme different rings for different people, also the kids have a different number on the same line only £5.00 per qtr which gives the phone yet another type of ring again. So we never jump up for that they can answer their own...

gumboe

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Thanks for your help, I think I might just get one soon, well in a month or two. Will report back if it interferes with anything.