TV OUT Question

sharpxl521

Ok, i'm running ProgDVB on an ATI 9700pro and wondering how to go about connecting it to a TV. There's S-VIDEO(for TV:confused ) and a 24pin DVI(for 2nd monitor:confused ) on the card. Can my current coax run to the other room be used for carrying the signal?. If so, how and what connectors am i going to need?. Sorry if this has been asked a million times before, but i'm really not sure what to do. Thanks;)

Hello,

I would advise you to read the video card manual first, the S-Video could be for video in and not TV out, you have to careful.

The normal setup I have used in the past is connecting an S-Video cable to a RF Signal modulator that I purchased at radio shack, then a coaxial cable from the RF device to my TV.

Sound goes the same way, Line out of my computer the RF device.

andy321

If it is s vid out then just buy a s vid cable and hook it up to your s vid input on your tv. I have a sony and the vid s input socket is under a flap at the front. If you dont have a vid s input then you may be able to get the signal in using a s vid to scart addaptor. You can buy these from wilko in a av kit and i have seen them on e bay also. You can also get the signal into the tv by using a s vid to phono. Dont forget to change your graphics card settings to allow tv out ...right click on desktop then properties/advanced/monitors or something like that. Than using the tv remote flick through the inputs (av1, av2 s3 etc) until you get the sat picture. Andy