TV reception through electrical system?

aatt1111

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Metronic receiver
It might be possible that this subject has been discussed before, and if so I apologize for bring it up again. Anyways, is it possible to use the electical system of our house to transmit a TV or satellite signal and send it to a TV with poor internal antenna reception which is located in a room without a TV/SAT outlet? If so, what do I need to do this?

Analoguesat

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
TM 5402HD
Sky+ UK.
My Location
Scottish Borders
I use a Digisender to do the same for our Sky box onto a tv in the kitchen. Its ok, although anyone wandering around can disrupt the picture,a nd as the tv sits on top of the microwave, the picture disappears when the microwave goes on! . (Its an old telly, and I know its not doing it any good but I dont care!:D)

smoke6948

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Echo Star and DTV
My Location
USA
In the USA I broadcast videop and audio over the electrical circuits using a TERK product.

It works fairly well.

Smoke6948

yazooo

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
DM800 x 2
My Location
EU
I was wondering about this. Sorry to get an old thread going. I have an aerial point only on the ground floor, but wish to get access to it in the attic room, as indoor aerial doesn't cut it for freeview. Am already looking into a homeplug system for ethernet over electrical cables, something to run the aerial point would be quality as well, nice solution to my problem.

spiney

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Pace 2200 Sky digibox with ftv card, Comag SL65 FTA sat receiver, 40cm Sky minidish, Setpal terrestrial receiver (for free uk tv only!).
My Location
Midlands
There's various "home control systems", that signal via mains wiring, and allow connected devices to be controlled. But I wouldn't have thought it's possible to send video this way! So, use a video sender instead.