TV Sport Ro - dish size for NE England?

DuncanEK3

Arcade Bandit
Reaction score
I live in north east England (Middlesbrough area) and am looking to get the TV Sport Ro channel from 5e. Some people I've talked to say a 90cm dish will be OK, wheras others reckon 1.2m+ is needed? A 90cm dish would be preferable as I can mount it on the wall, but with a 1.2 I'd need to floor mount it on soft ground, and even then I'm not sure if I have a decen line of sight of 5e.

Any advice would be much appreciated :)

russquk

Reaction score
well in the west midlands i get it ok on 90cm dish,hopefully someone nearer to you will reply though to get a better idea if you can get it.

Rob

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate TMS-1500 CI+ "patched" receiver, 90cm p/f 36v motorised dish, Inverto C120 0.3db LNB, Moteck V-Box 2, Packard Bell 6052 XP Home computer, Toshiba A60 laptop, and lots of Russian Vodka !
My Location
Essex
Stick to the 90cm dish more than big enough and as you say you can fix it to the wall.
I pick TV Sport up with a 70cm dish, but I would think that is the bare minimum.

:-righton

russquk

Reaction score
if you get a 90cm dish you could always add a mr cam to your system and with the right cards such as a titanium card you can pick up a few channels showing prem footie so if you cant get say tv sport ro,you still have other options.

C

ctomer

I'm in Leeds and I can pick up TV Sport Ro with my 80cm dish. The signal is quite weak so if it rains I get nothing, but I think that's more to do with my setup rather than the signal itself.

DuncanEK3

Arcade Bandit
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback :)

I'm trying to do this on a budget, so if I can get away with a 90cm dish then that's great :) I was going to use a skystar PC card, but a receiver with a MR cam is tempting.

Cheers :)