p

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm gregorian
5way zone2
My Location
Rainham, essex
Are there any on the UK market? plasma or LCD 1080P 42" - 46" ish

I like the Panasonic TX-P**G10 range but the UK model dont have it, unlike the european version does version 1.0, why?

Looked at the LG 47LF7700, but no mention of it in the pdf specs?

Would be nice to have a screen with 28.2e, 19.2e & 13e all available at the touch of a button and no external boxes.

Failing that ill be looking for a screen without any sat tunner and get a new HD satellite reciever ( probably a Technomate 6900 )

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
Panasonic is coming under pressure for not releasing firmware for the UK model that includes DiSEqC commands, you may find that sooner rather than later it sneaks in overnight on one of their OTA updates.

p

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm gregorian
5way zone2
My Location
Rainham, essex
Thats interesting, i was sure Diseqc was only software/firmware and not built in extra hardware.

Any links to this subject, as Ive really got my heart set on the panasonic TX-P46G10, but cant justify the extra it costs, for having freesat HD built in, just to go and spend another £200ish on a seperate box

p

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
90cm gregorian
5way zone2
My Location
Rainham, essex
Channel Hopper said:
Panasonic is coming under pressure for not releasing firmware for the UK model that includes DiSEqC commands, you may find that sooner rather than later it sneaks in overnight on one of their OTA updates.

Is that someting you've read somewhere then? as I cant find no mention of this on the net?