Tv1000

caretaker

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with this poser? Does TV1000 still transfer to mobile satelitte vans during the evenings?. As i can watch it all day without a flicker then as soon as it starts getting late the signal starts to fade, up to the point that i can no longer receive it .By the way the satellite on which i see tv1000 /2000/ect is sirios..[sirious?]

marcoh64

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Netherlands
You are looking at it on "Sirius" and there is no difference in reception for mobile vans or fixed mountings, the signal is the same for all of us. Due to the position of the satellite the signal can get weaker in the evening if you are on the edge of the beam.

caretaker

Reaction score
Thanks marcoh64. I understand that,but what i want know is why is it only TV1000/2000 that loses the signal? Most of the other programs,ie sport tv ect have a stronger singal throughout the evening,both in level and quality. I was thinking that I may have to get a stronger LNB than the one I currently have. I was told that sometimes the signal from the mobiles may not be strong enough ,even for the satellite to pick 100%.

marcoh64

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
My Location
Netherlands
I hope i understand you correct, shoot me if i am wrong :)

You have a mobile home/van with a dish mounted. You dish only receives signals from the satellite, it doesn't send out anything, so there is no signal FROM your mobile.

What i can imagine is that the dishsize used on a mobile-home might be smaller then the ones used in normal situation (just guessing, don't have any experience with mobile-homes), also since a mobile home is not as stable as a solid house, the dish might move a little, the dish might be alligned less acurate, or even the power suply might be less compared to a fixed powerline. All these things CAN influence the quality of the reception.

But back to your question why some channels work and some don't in the evening: not all transponders have the same signal strength, so it can be that one channel can't be received while others can on the same satellite.

If this transponder is just in the grey zone (signal just not good enough) it sometimes helps if you get a better LNB, you could try with an low noise LNB, like an Invacom 0.3dB. This sometimes is just the little extra you need.

Channel Hopper

Suffering fools, so you don't have to.
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.sat-elite.uk
My Satellite Setup
A little less analogue, and a lot more crap.
My Location
UK
The satellite has two beams (or more) . One is for dedicated services around Scandinavia, one is for the rest of Europe

Depending on the polarity of each transmission, the dish size will vary on the location.

As for the daily changes, there was a thread on this somewhere in the archives of early 2002, with some hypotheses as to why, but nothing is definite.