TV1K Viaccess - Humax working, Echostar can't detect signal

T

twodish

My Humax 5400/CAM just manages to lock onto Sirius channels, but the Echostar 3000IP embedded VA can't even see them.It knows about the frequency etc. but can't find any channels. Anyone else had this problem?

Phil

2old4this

Honorary Admin
Reaction score
My Location
Cloud Cuckoo Land
nope, my ad3000ipva picks up all the Sirius fare both via the embedded CAM and an inserted CI CAM.
In any event, it's not the CAM which would be the problem if (as I suspect) the signal reception is marginal at your location. It's the threshold of the tuner. Perhaps the Hummer is a little more sensitive.
2old

G

Gerry55

Hi
I have the same problem with a 3000ip, I can get analogue only and that is with a 1.2m dish in the north of England (Cumbria)
Gerry

T

twodish

I wasn't suggesting it was a CAM problem just explaining the set-up. I seem to be too far South to get a strong enough signal and the Humax seems to have a better sensitivity. Would a better LNB on my 1.2 Gregorian dish pull in more signal?

Phil

G

Gerry55

Hi
I have had anouther look at Sirius with my ad3000ip, it found every transponder but the Tv1000 one, 12.054v the very ane I was after.

Gerry

E

eme

i live near manchester, england, if u set the ad300ipva to 12039 on a viasses channel on siris then u should get tv1000 etc. not all channels but still some are better then none. the echostar does have a problem on 12056, it sees no signal like a lot of people are saying.

T

twodish

I thought TV1K was on 12034? That's the one my Humax picks up but a puff of wind blew the dish off a knat's bollock noe I can't get a lock.

Phil

E

eme

sorry twodish i should have said 12034, but the odd thing is even if u put 12001 u still get tv1000 etc, trid it on nokia and echostare.