Twin LNB help. Complete Novice

Lebowski25

Reaction score
Hi there

This is my first post, and I'm a complete beginner.

I currently have a Hotbird satellite (for italian tv) and 1 receiver.

I am looking to add a new receiver in a separate room, so that I have the option of watching 2 different channels in different rooms.

Can someone give me a rough guide as to what i need, and should i attempt to install the equpiment myself. I've been quoted over £300 fo the intallation, but feel i could do it much cheaper.

What i think i need.

Twin LNB - any product links would be helpful
A new receiver - again any recommendation.
Cable - same again.

Thankyou, any advice would be appreciated.

HB13DISH

Retired Mod
Reaction score
My Location
Middle East - Israel
Lebowski25 said:
Hi there

This is my first post, and I'm a complete beginner.

I currently have a Hotbird satellite (for italian tv) and 1 receiver.

I am looking to add a new receiver in a separate room, so that I have the option of watching 2 different channels in different rooms.

Can someone give me a rough guide as to what i need, and should i attempt to install the equpiment myself. I've been quoted over £300 fo the intallation, but feel i could do it much cheaper.

What i think i need.

Twin LNB - any product links would be helpful
A new receiver - again any recommendation.
Cable - same again.

Thankyou, any advice would be appreciated.

Wlcome to the forum Lebowski25. :)
Excellent idea.
It will depend largly on how far is the dish from the other room, but as you have already a system, then just look at how the cable it was brought into the room and make your plan on how to get it into the other room.
Next, you will need to either replace the current LNB with a twin LNB or perhaps add another single LNB.
Just remember to give it protection from rain, etc.
You didn't say if you have done your current system yourself, or you just paid for the installation.
So if you don't have the experience, you might as well start now, at the risk of losing reception until you have made a satisfactory setup.
Our site sponsors have all that you need, so take a look here:
http://www.satellites.co.uk/index.php?page=sponsors
If you are happy with your receiver, then you can buy another one exactly, or choose a different one from the sites.
My recommendation is to have a receiver with CI CAMs, and not just for FTA. The price difference is affordable.
The cable can also be like the one you have now.
Good luck. :)