Twin LNB on motorised dish

micomico

Reaction score
I currently have an 80cm motorised dish and a Technomate 5500 receiver. I'm thinking of buying a DVB card (probably SkyStar2) and installing this on my pc in the spare room.
If I buy a twin LNB I understand that it will have two outputs, so one will be connected to the Technomate downstairs and the other straight to the DVB card upstairs.
I am correct in thinking that this will allow me to watch one channel upstairs and my wife watch another downstairs even if they the channels have different polarities and or high/low frequencies (obviously both channels need to be on the same satellite).
I only require one receiver to have control of moving the dish.

Please let me know if my assumptions are correct or not. And also if I need any more equipment such as a switch or if I need Quad/Quatro LNB rather than a twin.

Thanks.

rolfw

Believe it when I see it Admin.
Staff member
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Technomate 5402 HD M2 Ci, DM7000s, Transparent 80cm Dish, Moteck SG2100 DiseqC motor, lots of legacy gear. Meters: Satlook Digital NIT, Promax HD Ranger+ spectrum analyser.
My Location
Berkshire
The twin LNB will provide what you ask, so each receiver will have full channel capability on the selected satellite. :)

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
Nope. You've got it licked. I have the same setup.