twin lnb reception

howard

Reaction score
hi,
can anyone tell me if I can intall a twin lnb holder myself. I have a humax f1-vaci and can receive both astra and hotbird but I need to re-align my dish each time.
ta
H

zansi

Moderator & General Globetrotter
Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Openbox F3 85cm dish H to H motor, Dell Vostro Laptop
My Location
North West UK
[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 27-Feb-01 AT 10:18 PM (GMT)[/font][p]Your receiver has diseq switching so you can use a monoblock LNB which will receive 13 & 19.2 without moving dish or switching over LNBs

Zansi.

zansi

Moderator & General Globetrotter
Reaction score
Website
digiboxes.co.uk
My Satellite Setup
Openbox F3 85cm dish H to H motor, Dell Vostro Laptop
My Location
North West UK
Picture and brief description in "What Satellite" March P34 SMS advert.

Zansi.

w hole

Reaction score
My Location
uk
helo h

yes the diseq switch works fine, i use one with my f1-ci.

instead of the monoblock [combined] Lnb, you can buy a small bracket and attach a extra Lnb and connect this and you original one to the switch.

it is best to direct your central Lnb to Hotbird as the signals from this one are not quite as strong as the Astra 1 at 19.2, then offset the second one.

it really is quite easy to do as long as you dish is fairly accessible.

you can either run two cables back to you STB then install the switch there 'in the dry', or install the switch near the dish and run a single cable back to the box.

you will need to assign appropriate Lnb's to the various channels you have loaded, and then all you have to do is select the station and the switch will do the rest.

if you have any problems do come back, or hop over to the Humax Users Group which you can find via the Moderator's site at:

http://x-stream.fortunecity.com/laras/21/index.html

the moderator, iain kendall is a very helpful and knowlegeable chap.

good luck

w. hole