twin out LNB - 2 power supplies or one ?

dmm

Reaction score
hello,

i have a skystar 2 PCI card and a GBSAT receiver and one (twin output) LNB - OK its obvious that each of the LNB outputs will go to Skystar and GBSAT respectively - but the question is - must i disable one of the power supplies to the LNB - i.e for instance will the power supply coming from the GBSAT receiver be enough to power the LNB and enable it to supply a signal to the skystar PCI card also ?

thanks

Jaffer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Samsung A300W with component output
Hotbird & Astra2
My Location
South East England
Yes, it will work fine.

BGonaSTICK

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Dreambox 7000, Skystar2
My Location
Brighton
dmm said:
hello,

i have a skystar 2 PCI card and a GBSAT receiver and twin output LNB - OK its obvious that each of the LNB outputs will go to Skystar and GBSAT respectively - but the question is - must i disable one of the power supplies to the LNB - i.e for instance will the power supply coming from the GBSAT receiver be enough to power the LNB and enable it to supply a signal to the skystar PCI card also ?

thanks
Both receivers must supply one of the LNB's with power, just as if it were two seperate LNB's on two dishes.

dmm

Reaction score
heh heh :D
thanks guys but i'm getting contrasting answers here - who can give me the definitive answer - one power supply or two :confused

hope i havent started a war of opinions here .....and then again it might provide some entertainment :D :D :D !

Jaffer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hotbird & Astra2
My Location
South East England
BGonaStick is the expert.

dmm

Reaction score
seems he is jaffer :D
but hey either way i just didnt want to blow anything up and thanks to you both .....
its working now both power sources enabled .....now where did i leave those keys ;)

Jaffer

Reaction score
My Satellite Setup
Hotbird & Astra2
My Location
South East England
in root folder

dishdoctor

Hmm, now what seems to be the problem?
Reaction score
My Location
Torreblanca ,Malaga
Jaffer said:
in root folder
There must be two power supplies to the twin lnb........so that one reciever can "ask" for horizontal frequencies at one voltage.....and the other receiver can "ask" for vertical frequencies at a different voltage....otherwise how would the lnb know?.................................